HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOUL MARK-COSSA~~#!#~

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Yeah man, here's to one of the first and finest Strutters I've ever met. From North Cackalack to parts unknown Mark holds it the fuck down!I wish that I had recorded any of his patented "5am Drunk On The Way Home From The Club Desi Jumpoff Shout Outs" while I had them saved. DUDE!HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARK!

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    MARCO

YOU

ROCK.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

"To Marco, Thanks for Everything - Julie Newmar"[/b]

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    hope its swell

• MARCO

YOU

ROCK.

Seriously you do... Thanks for your contribution here and Happy Bday

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

Happy BDay Homey![/b]

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Mark holds it the fuck down!

Absofuckinglutely [/b]

I remember waaaay back when I was a little(r) dude I made my first trade with him. He was a very understanding man as I seem to remember sending him "They Call Me Mister Tibbs" OST covered in a fine opaque film not thinking to clean the record before I mailed it. [/lil dude]

Happy Birthday to one of the finest dudes this board has ever known.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    hope it swells

Happy birthday, hoLmes!!!

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    You guys are the best.

I spent the evening getting burritos & beer with my homegirl Suja, after which we went to see GRINDHOUSE which was one of the most fun movie experiences I've had in a long time. This was aided in no small part by the rabid enthusiasm of the small audience, my companion lovingly gazing at Rose McGowan and declaring "I think I'm a lesbian," and my currently-out-of-town girl (w/ a gf) texting me twice to let me know she was drinking in my honor in Maine.

After the movie, we went to a local bar because Suja had a meeting with her ex who was DJing there. She wasn't looking forward to it, so she wanted my support in case things went badly. But when we walked in the door, I knew this story was just a ruse. My co-DJs Nate & Midnite Cowbwoy, homeboy Gagan and a few other friends I wouldn't normally see there were in the house, so it was immediately clear Suja had organized a surprise birthday get-together for me! Soon TWO vegan chocolate cakes were brought out (thanks Lindsey & Olena!!) and everyone was asking to buy me drinks. After a few beers, some sake, and some dancing, I thanked everyone, took the cakes and Gagan back home, we rapped about life & girls, and got some sleep.

Back to reality: today is cold, gray, and rainy. But thanks to my friends IRL and on Soulstrut, this is one of the best birthdays I've had in years.

Thanks folls!!!!!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    VEGAN CHOCOLATE BIRTHDAY CAKE (aka HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!)

Equipment:
    springform pans, 2 good sized bowls, a wisk, saucepan

Ingredients
    3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
    1 cup all purp unbleached flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    3/4 cup good cocoa powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup plain soymilk
    1/2 cup canola oil
    1 1/2 cups pure maple syrup
    1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
    2 teaspoons vanilla

Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9 inch springform pan with non stick cooking spray.

Sift together flours and baking powder and baking soda.

In a saucepan, heat the soymilk on low-medium heat. When it is slightly bubbling, add the cocoa powder and wisk well until it is dissolved. Remove from heat.

Combine the other liquid ingredients in a bowl and whisk well. Add the cocoa mixture and combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry.

Pour batter into prepared pan, bake at 350 F for 25 minutes until a toothpick or butter knife comes out clean. Let cool completely and frost with your favorite frosting.