Take it Off (Fashion Police Related)

djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Maybe I'm an old man now, or just grown up. However, I am still out on the town frequently, at hip hop shows and events, I dj alot and promote a beat battle every month, however, I am really tired of seeing:stunna shades: liz claiborne style. you look like enik from land of the lost. take those bug eyed things off man, ESPECIALLY in the club! you look like a straight duck trying to rock them joints in complete darkness.doo rags: didn't these go out in the 30's? once eminem started sporting them, someone should have said something and have them banned. thats me though.wallet chains: wallet chains b? if you weren't a long hair in the 70s/80s with a def leppard t-shirt and black jeans than you shouldn't wear it. sorry fellas. they were fly in 91 for about 35 minutes after the first time i saw the jump around video. its 2007 now, you don't skate and you have no money so, why the wallet chain?tight black jeans: really? are you sure about what you're doing?funky, multi-colored all over print hoodies: these should stay in the closet until pride day. then join the parade and sport your gayness for the whole world to see.super baggy jeans: your underwear is sticking out the top with the sweat shorts you're wearing to help keep them from getting away. you tie the bottoms around your ankles so that they don't slip over your shoes. you walk by switching your weight from one leg to the other to avoid jostling them off your ass. yeah, real slick dog. pull your fuckin pants up!short sleeved shirts with ties: only if your pocket is protected and you work in a computer lab where no one has to see you, but then still, why the tie?shaved heads: only work for some heads. ask your girl and if she says no, wear a hat until it grows back.light colored socks with dark shoes/pants: say no go. cliff claven style. the socks have to match the shoes or the pants. basic fashion 101, unless you're a pimp then your socks should match your tie and the band on your hat.that about sums up what i felt like bitchin about for today. thank you for your continued support. youth culture killed my dog and i don't think its fair .

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I'm not taking any fashion advice that's not accompanied by a photo of the author.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    my favorite worst fashion choice is when some guy's wear those huge shirts that hang down to their knees with oversized pants that drag under their shoes. It always makes me want to say "look at the little kid in daddy's clothes....so cute"

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

funky, multi-colored all over print hoodies: these should stay in the closet until pride day. then join the parade and sport your gayness for the whole world to see.

this should be number one. definitely the most pervasive of questionable hip hop trends these days.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Maybe I'm an old man now, or just grown up. However, I am still out on the town frequently, at hip hop shows and events, I dj alot and promote a beat battle every month, however, I am really tired of seeing:

stunna shades: liz claiborne style. you look like enik from land of the lost. take those bug eyed things off man, ESPECIALLY in the club! you look like a straight duck trying to rock them joints in complete darkness.

doo rags: didn't these go out in the 30's? once eminem started sporting them, someone should have said something and have them banned. thats me though.

wallet chains: wallet chains b? if you weren't a long hair in the 70s/80s with a def leppard t-shirt and black jeans than you shouldn't wear it. sorry fellas. they were fly in 91 for about 35 minutes after the first time i saw the jump around video. its 2007 now, you don't skate and you have no money so, why the wallet chain?

tight black jeans: really? are you sure about what you're doing?

funky, multi-colored all over print hoodies: these should stay in the closet until pride day. then join the parade and sport your gayness for the whole world to see.

super baggy jeans: your underwear is sticking out the top with the sweat shorts you're wearing to help keep them from getting away. you tie the bottoms around your ankles so that they don't slip over your shoes. you walk by switching your weight from one leg to the other to avoid jostling them off your ass. yeah, real slick dog. pull your fuckin pants up!

short sleeved shirts with ties: only if your pocket is protected and you work in a computer lab where no one has to see you, but then still, why the tie?

shaved heads: only work for some heads. ask your girl and if she says no, wear a hat until it grows back.

light colored socks with dark shoes/pants: say no go. cliff claven style. the socks have to match the shoes or the pants. basic fashion 101, unless you're a pimp then your socks should match your tie and the band on your hat.

that about sums up what i felt like bitchin about for today. thank you for your continued support.

youth culture killed my dog and i don't think its fair .

this is a good and comprehensive list.

with one exception imo: loud, printed hoodies are not acceptable for anyone over the age of 18, be they gay, bi or het.

• I feel ya on all the above...Although I would add those skully's with the little bill on 'em...I know all the kids are wearing 'em, I just have never been a fan.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I kinda like the chain wallet, but I'm taking it to the next level with the handcuffed briefcase. The rest I cosign on tho.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    pants that drag under their shoes.

this is the grossest trend of the past couple of years (which is a throwback to giant rave pants which are a throwback to hippie pants). filthy tattered hems that get sopping wet in the rain and snow. salt stains half way the calves. just terrible.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I'm not taking any fashion advice that's not accompanied by a photo of the author.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I say wear whatever you want out, just leave your cocaine and racist tendencies in your closet at home where they belong...with your gerbil.

• ...Although I would add those skully's with the little bill on 'em...

I'm no fashionista, but these have been dope for a minute. Like 12 years ago.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

i looked on line and don't have one. MIKE 26 if you read this you have one to post, yes?

in my own defense today i rock a red polo sweater, polo jeans (ralph lauren, not polo jean company - and yes, i'm a polo addict), beige suede wallabees and a fat fly silver watch (giorgio milano if you care) and a wool pea coat - still winter in mpls. and even though i hate them, i have what most people call a goatee. its really a van dyke but i can't compete with pop culture inaccuracies. the chin stap would be on my list of things i don't need to see any more as well. i just have to have a beard or i look like radar o'reilly. again

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    "Hey where can I purchase a hat with one of those sideways brims the kids are rocking? Cause everytime I go to buy a hat, the brim is on straight..."

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    The only thing I'd add is those "shorts" that go all the way down to the ankles. What's the point? I know you're trying to look all baggy and hip and shit...but when they get that low, you are officially wearing capri pants, son.

The only thing I'd add is those "shorts" that go all the way down to the ankles. What's the point? I know you're trying to look all baggy and hip and shit...but when they get that low, you are officially wearing capri pants Jimmy'z[/b], son.

• Are heads in the US still wearing them keychains with their actual housekeys
    around their neck?
    Like saying you can have a go and grab the keys if you want to?
    Or "strangle me these chains are tough enough"?

Only if you walk around alot and need to open the same doors over and over
    cuz you work at USPS,
    why wear keys around your neck? - i always thought it looked stupid,
    and not bad meaning good.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Where is guzzo?

lol @ gays, they wear funny clothing!

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    damn ya'll sound old.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Are heads in the US still wearing them keychains with their actual housekeys
    around their neck?

That is old school. The new shit is to to wear a usb thumb drive around your neck.

My clothing game has been about getting good fits, period. Took all my suits to the tailor within the past year to get them further altered so they meet my new fashion standards. All my casual gear is in that same mindsight too. Only baggy stuff I still own is for playing hoops. That being said, I am more disturbed by seeing someone wearing jeans that look like tights, than jeans that look like you could fit another person in them.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    I say wear whatever you want out, just leave your cocaine and racist tendencies in your closet at home where they belong...with your gerbil.

this is directed at me?

this is directed at me?

No, not you.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

this is directed at me?

No it's directed at me.

• funky, multi-colored all over print hoodies: these should stay in the closet until pride day. then join the parade and sport your gayness for the whole world to see.

....oh....my....god. Is that a orange women's bracelet on his right wrist?

• funky, multi-colored all over print hoodies: these should stay in the closet until pride day. then join the parade and sport your gayness for the whole world to see.

On baby girls that might look cute.

this is directed at me?

No it's directed at me.

Is that how you want it?

somebody to plaese draw a talk bubble with him dropping some knowledge.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    who is that?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Can I say this one?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I'm not a clothes horse and I have to admit that I was a "comfort before looks" guy once (hawaiian shirts, getting as much milage I can out of shoes, Mexican barber shirts, flip flops) but I cant stand these on women:

Overalls: Yes, I actually see women on the street in LA wearing these things. You're not on a farm and you're not a TLC or Salt 'N' Pepa member circa late 80s.

Furry snow boots: Uhhhh, its Southern California

Teenage girls' shirts on "plus size" women: I know that "size 12 is the new size 2" and that men are strictly forbidden to truthfully comment on a woman's weight, but that shit is disgusting, "Princess".

Thora Birch wannabes and greaser chicks with thrift store clothes and mass produced faux-throwback crap: I know I was defending hipsterdom a while ago, but I'm tired of seeing this. Color clashing "grandmother" clothes from the 80s on 20-somethings in 2007 isn't "funky" or "shabby chic". It looks like a trainwreck.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    Can someone delete that photo from the internet, for good?