NYC: APR 14: Brazilian Party @ S.O.B.'s

tiger_blurptiger_blurp 275 Posts
edited April 2007 in Announcements
S.O.B.'s Brazilian Concerts presents ...[[ B.U.M.P. | Brazilian Universal Music Party ]][/b]SATURDAY | 14 APRIL 2007@ S.O.B.'s[/b]204 Varick St.New York, NY 10014212.243.4940(in West Village)featuring live samba performance by:[[ PIMENTA MALAGUETA[/b] ]]with DJs:[[ CHUCK CHU[/b] ]] :: NYC // www.myspace.com/chuckchu[[ DJ LIL TIGER[/b] ]] :: NYC/HOU (Haterzville, buhbOmp Radio, Touch and Feel Radio, Soular Grooves, Get Broke All-Stars, Parakitachi) // www.myspace.com/liltigerDoors: 7p | Shows: 8.30p, 10.30p and 12.30a | B.U.M.P.: 12-4a | 21+***$5 w/ RSVP[/b] (or w/ dinner reservation before 10p) ***RSVP to: liltiger@soulargrooves.com[/b] to get on my unlimited reduced list. First and last names please. Names only. No pluses. Even if you think you can't make it, you should RSVP just in case. The more names the merrier.[ $20 regular admission | $10 w/ flier or w/ valid student ID ]/// description ///"B.U.M.P. is a weekly Saturday night event that combines the 25 years of reputation and tradition of S.O.B.'s with some of the city's hottest DJs, resulting in a world dance party that is sexy and hip, all the while retaining its international roots, delivering the highest quality of international music, and welcoming partygoers with open arms. S.O.B.'s is known as a concert venue that has lasted through Manhattan's ever-changing downtown landscape by being on the cusp of musical innovation while providing the highest quality entertainment, and B.U.M.P. is no exception.An acronym for Brazilian Universal Music Party, B.U.M.P. is a dance party like no other. Every B.U.M.P. party begins with patrons moving to the sounds of New York's hottest live samba acts, using Brazil as a global launch-point for the music of the rest of the evening. From here, our rotating roster of DJs takes control, interpreting the "Universal" aspect of the party however they please, with one requirement: "Let it BUMP." Our DJs spin the hottest dance tracks from all around the world, including heavy Afrobeat, Brazilian, Middle Eastern, and South Asian influences. Since the inception of B.U.M.P. this past September, NYC-based DJs Cato, Center, Chocolate, Fabiosoul, Sabo, DJ LIL TIGER and CHUCK CHU have brought crowds around the world using different vehicles and routes, all the while lacing the soundtrack for tourists, hipsters, LES-fashionistas and 27th street regulars to forget about velvet ropes and expensive covers for an evening and just dance."more info + maps:[/b]www.directdriven.com/bump/still more info:[/b]www.sobs.com==========DJ LIL TIGER[/b] info:Caribbean-born, Houston-raised DJ Lil Tiger, a broken beat (bruk) fixture on DJ Sun's renowned Houston radio show Soular Grooves (KPFT), and co-host of Touch and Feel Radio (LA/Houston/NYC), blends broken beat, soca, dancehall, afro-latin rhythms, UKG, house, soul and hip-hop. Having recently moved to Queens from Los Angeles, the ever-nomadic Arubian DJ continues his crusade to spread bruk as a member of numerous crews, including the Get Broke All-Stars (Austin, TX), Parakitachi Crew (Austin/Houston), and BuhbOmp Crew (NYC/Houston), and has opened for both Nickodemus and Jazzanova. He also co-hosted two of Texas' pioneering underground Hip-Hop shows, the House of Phat Beats (Austin/KVRX) and the Dolla Holla Show (Austin/KO.OP).Earlier this year, he kicked off a new radio podcast called BuhbOmp that features party-style mixes of all varieties from a rotating host of DJs. He has also released five mix CDs: Na Mundo (house + broken beat), Night Groove Vol. 1-3 (live broken beat mixes), and Chainsaw Juggling Vol. 1 (dancehall), all under the Parakitachi umbrella.==========DJ CHUCK CHU[/b] info:I'm an Italian-American Bronxnite returning home to raise some ruckus. After spending time in various locations across the country at school, and on tour... I realized there is no place like home! Now back in the boogie, I have become more focused on stabilizing my lifestyle, and delving into the indulgence of music from anywhere and everywhere.*** Alongside MC Diverse (Chocolate Industries), I had the honor of touring with hip-hop's finest, and playing a few great showcases. We covered the domestic globe with groups like Lyrics Born, Lifesavas, Blueprint, RJD2, OHNO, Aesop Rock, Blackalicious, and Lady Sovereign.*** Today you will find me, alongside DJ Lil Tiger, in the crevices of the NYC backdrop, playing choice gigs for a vast eclectic audience. Jazz and Soul at Tribeca wine bars, hip-hop downbeat at Brooklyn's Independent Art Galleries, and most recently, a coveted monthly at the legendary SOBs for late night Saturday B.U.M.P.==========