SUPERTOASTER, DEMOTED?

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    theres always the re-issue

Raj - how, praytell, did you discover that dude was on the breaks.com? hmmmmm?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yeah, I heard the Original like twice (out of pure luck I guess). Sounds OK and all, but I guess 90% of the time, I just Like Re-Issues Better (by that I mean all LPs) Just because they usually turn out better and usually has more treats. Besides, Why the fuck should I Pay $100.00 for an OG when I can get a Re-Issue for Only $18.00? I really don't know why people are willing to pay so much for an LP. it just makes no sense.

we need a "stay your ass at the-breaks.com" graemlin.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    haha. yeah i noticed too, but i didnt want to make the post.

glad the little guy found somewhere he fits in.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

I'm an avid reader of Blaine's Blog, thun,.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

he posts his newest beats in the beats and mixes forum.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Never that. That break never loses its shine. $100 sounds high, but then again, I got mine for free.
    Return of is much harder to find than hand slapping bongos action.

As did The_Non, apparently.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    its my favourite of all of his work. has a real smooth warm feeling not to mention the synth vibes are facemelt.

and much more superpoaster wisdom:
    http://www.the-breaks.com/forums/search.php?search_author=supertoaster

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Yeah, I heard the Original like twice (out of pure luck I guess). Sounds OK and all, but I guess 90% of the time, I just Like Re-Issues Better (by that I mean all LPs) Just because they usually turn out better and usually has more treats. Besides, Why the fuck should I Pay $100.00 for an OG when I can get a Re-Issue for Only $18.00? I really don't know why people are willing to pay so much for an LP. it just makes no sense.

Didn't everyone start this way? I know I did. I used to laugh when I saw $30 scratched copies of James Brown lp's and proudly bought the $8.99 sealed reissues. It wasn't until later I started to enjoy the collectability/cultural significance/fetish properties/superior sound of OG's. I'm still not above buying a reissue......but of course I would rather own the actual thing.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    He seems like a reasonable guy

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Never that. That break never loses its shine. $100 sounds high, but then again, I got mine for free.
    Return of is much harder to find than hand slapping bongos action.

As did The_Non, apparently.

You bastard! Nah, I was just hanging out there waiting to zing pap. But then he was "too real" for me and I let him be.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That place is terrible.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    You guys are all jealous & elitist.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I have it on fairly good authority that you're a dickweed.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

jealous - elitist - dickweed= soulstrut 2007

• dayday 9,611 Posts

jealous - elitist - dickweed= soulstrut 2007

I'll be that.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Most Money You've ever spent on one record
    60 dollars on "heavyweight" by monk higgins. Ive seen it go for 200 at another store and this was in better condition. Not to mention its uber rare.

LOL!!!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Most Money You've ever spent on one record
    60 dollars on "heavyweight" by monk higgins. Ive seen it go for 200 at another store and this was in better condition. Not to mention its uber rare.

LOL!!!

We've all overspent on a record at one point or another, but this kind of thing just screams little dude.

On a related note, I have been talking to supertoaster a bit on msn. He is doing well.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    "heavyweight" by monk higgins. Ive seen it go for 200 at another store

PRIVATE FUNK PSYCH WITH LONER BLAXPLOITATION MOVES AND BREAKZ FOR SAMPLING DJS TO SAMPLING!!![/b]