Have we already hated on this (carpetbaggeur rltd)

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Earlier work by the same author:

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    timbaland of course being central to the history of dirty south hip-hop :-/

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    in fairness, this is a great book:

highly reccommended.

but seriously, I think we did already hate on this. HAZ posted a genius polar bear-related Canadian sppof as I recall.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Apparently 2 Live Crew and the Geto Boys were from the land of make-believe.

And I'd probably have to credit Tag Team more than Outkast, and probably more than Timbaland as well, for the latest crop of Lil Jon disciples.

And I do mean credit.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

time to write some Amazon reviews of this book, no?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    timbaland of course being central to the history of dirty south hip-hop :-/

I wish somebody that has actually been listening to southern rap for awhile would try writing a book about some aspect of it. I also wish people would recognize that at this point "southern rap" is far to broad of a subject to attempt to treat meaningfully within the space of a single book, and that any worthwhile book is going to have to be more focused.

If I'm editing that book, the first thing that I think upon seeing it...

Aren't Outkast and Timabland technically on the East Coast rather than the Third Coast?

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

So jews can't write about hip-hop?

So jews can't write about hip-hop?

Why would you say that?

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    i was kidding...serch is jewish.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

but seriously, I think we did already hate on this. HAZ posted a genius polar bear-related Canadian sppof as I recall.

You called?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Aren't Outkast and Timabland technically on the East Coast rather than the Third Coast?

atl and virginia are southern

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

well virginia beach is definitely on the east coast. but i don't think that disqualifies it from being southern.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    they are both on the east coast on the harvey canal map of the south

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    if we mention florida rap does his head explode?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I usually think of "East Coast" as being the traditional Northeast Corridor (Washington DC to Boston.) Atlanta and Virginia are definitely "East" but they also identify as being from The South so I think that should suffice. Then again, I'm delving into the mind of Harvey Canal so up is down and black is white.

Neither are on the Third (Gulf) Coast.

• If I'm editing that book, the first thing that I think upon seeing it...

Anything south of the mason dixon line and is bordered by the atlantic ocean is considered south.

although Maryland I wouldn't consider south but is lumped in there anyways.

from wikipedia (not always reliable but ok this time)
    Modern definition The states in dark red are almost always included in modern day definitions of the South, while those in medium red are usually included. The striped states are sometimes/occasionally considered Southern. Note that the Mason-Dixon line forms part of the northern boundary of the striped states

if we mention florida rap does his head explode?

I was born in a Florida patch.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Anything south of the mason dixon line and is bordered by the atlantic ocean is considered south.

although Maryland I wouldn't consider south but is lumped in there anyways.

Modern definition The states in dark red are almost always included in modern day definitions of the South, while those in medium red are usually included. The striped states are sometimes/occasionally considered Southern. Note that the Mason-Dixon line forms part of the northern boundary of the striped states

I would consider Texas "The South" but also it's kind of like it's own entity as well.

south of the mason dixon line

although Maryland and Florida I wouldn't consider south but is lumped in there anyways.

To start off, Oklahoma is NOT part of the South.

And to finish, I don't know why y'all are talking about The South when it's the use of Third Coast that presents the contradiction here.

• I consider Texas and Southern Louisiana to be separate nations altogether.

Then again, I'm delving into the mind of Harvey Canal so up is down and black is white.

And white is Black, particularly in the case of certain Black people trapped inside of red-headed white bodies.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I refuse to listen to anything from Delaware, Nevada, Minnesota and parts of Wyoming

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I refuse to listen to anything from Delaware, Nevada, Minnesota and parts of Wyoming

I refuse to wear underpants.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Also, Idaho. Fuck you, Idaho!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hey, I'm down with Idaho. Let's FIGHT!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Hey, I'm down with Idaho. Let's FIGHT!

Oh, it's on now! I question your authenticity! Everybody knows the only good thing about Idaho is the russett burbank (RealPotatoHeadzKnowtheDeal) (nomisterpotatohead)!

...aaaaaaaaand WebFight!