But is it legal?

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
direct qoute From WebJay *on online playlist pointer for bloggers* FAQ section:
Is it legal?[/b]Cautious answer: the music business is nothing if not trigger happy with lawsuits, but as far as we can tell, Webjay is thoroughly legal. Indeed, the idea of it was specifically crafted for both legality and common courtesy in a crazy environment. We try to go beyond the requirements of the law.Common sense answer: Yes! Webjay is not file sharing. It helps you find music like a search engine helps you to find web pages; it helps you share music in the same way that Blogger helps you create a weblog; it never stores or transmits music itself.
As far as we can tell? awesome!

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Well, at least it will make looking for your own shit easier.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Why not add the rest of the answer???

Is it legal?

Cautious answer: the music business is nothing if not trigger happy with lawsuits, but as far as we can tell, Webjay is thoroughly legal. Indeed, the idea of it was specifically crafted for both legality and common courtesy in a crazy environment. We try to go beyond the requirements of the law.

Common sense answer: Yes! Webjay is not file sharing. It helps you find music like a search engine helps you to find web pages; it helps you share music in the same way that Blogger helps you create a weblog; it never stores or transmits music itself.

Rights holders

If you are a rights holder, please realize that we want to help you; this is not a place for the same old cat and mouse game.

To submit a DMCA-based takedown request, follow the the Yahoo Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy instructions.[/]

• Screw the Yahoo takedown, i've tried that shit and it IS the cat and mouse game. DOR You don't think the answer of: "As far as we can tell, Webjay is thoroughly legal" is fuc*ing hilarious??!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Screw the Yahoo takedown, i've tried that shit and it IS the cat and mouse game. DOR You don't think the answer of: "As far as we can tell, Webjay is thoroughly legal" is fuc*ing hilarious??!

No it's a pretty stupid statement.

I'm just saying it's posted there.

Did you send them a Cease and Desist? Did they comply?

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    I wasn't familiar with webjay until I saw this, but from what I can tell its just a playlist creator, right?