hire more brown people in commercials

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
i was at a club the other night where i guess 99% of the people were not my color,that dont phase me, i'm brown, im used to it. but this time around, not once, but twice i got asked to move from where i was standing at for some silly sheit. it serves me right for hanging out with my gino friends, they like those sheity clubs that play house music,but i commit myself to go out cause i dont see them often these days thought its funny the first i asked was "we're not going to one of those fuckig gino places are we"("guidos" for you new jerseyers), with always one token bunch out of the friends that i have to make eye contact by default, i don't know its just hardwired into colored people's genetics. my friends asked me where i was for half the night as it seemed i just disappeared, i stood by the closest window to the exit just thinking about this stupid fucking bullshit, and i had no inclination to be social...shit that reminded me of the shit i went through in highschool days when i thought racism was obsolete (in high school i moved from the inner city to a suburb high school which was racist as fuck) which triggered me back to my elementary school days where you think people would be more tolerable in a mixed environment right, we had every single continent type of race, but still nobody wanted to sit beside the paki girl cause she smelled...i was a paki guy, yet i'd still overhear these comments. its fucked how one hour of my current social life recycled me to a vulnerable state of years ago. i dont even know if this is even the forum of place to even say this shit, but it pissed me the fuck off, and it has convinced me that racism is here to stay. but bad things are always here to stay right? its humor that gets u by.i want to make a movie where this brown dude invents a time machine. brilliant people have really stupid sides to them, so they are prone to making very stupid decisions. this brown scientist will make the stupid decision to travel back to south africa during aparteid, and will be glad to reach his arrival cause dude has to piss really really bad (he shouldn't have drank those 2 extra helpings of coconut juice straight from the coconut, the peeps near the equator know what im talking about, just slice that coconut and get a straw and you're good). dude will get out his time machine. he'l land at some public washroom area.he'l read the signs."whites only"he'l read the other sign"black's only"he'l say "ah phuck it, i'm not allowed to piss anywhere here" and will piss on his time machine. it short circuits, creates and explosion, and the movie ends.The End.ya so hire more brown people in commercials and sheit, this diaspora sheit is weak and im getting too old.prior to this incident, i was getting really hopeful of things, i've seen WAY more brown people in commercials and even *gasp billboards...fucking amazed me. but i guess its smart to cater to a growing demographic, so it shouldnt feel that encouraging. i know i shouldn't be so cynical, this shit is prevalent and here to stay. its life. its fact. i'm just saying i wish that kid in me that believed in santa clause would grow the fuck up and accept racism in a "multicultural" society (i live in toronto). i love toronto with all my godamn heart. i believe in multiculturalism as much as its an idealism. everytime i see a mixed couple or young dudes and dudettes chilling amongst different races, i know sheit is good and peeps are just peeps period. but with the oxygen of multiculturalism, the carbon dioxide of racism is just here to stay, it sucks and hurts. some of u will never know what this is like, and others of you try your hardest to understand, and i applaud u for that. for u "coloreds" out there, what the hell do u tell your children? that's all i've been thinking about these days, man i have no optimism with this shit. i don't know what to tell them man. that "work as hard as u can" argument, while true and sound, just seems so depressing. i still get those "i can't stand those people, but i'm not racist" sheit from people. who the fuck gave birth to u people, stay the fuck away from me. anyhow this is the wrong place to post this, but i dont fucking care, i know peeps share these sentiments, whether you're lurking or whatever.peace.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    but with the oxygen of multiculturalism, the carbon dioxide of racism is just here to stay, it sucks and hurts.

Always stay in touch w/ your rage.