Best Ever DJ Track (Remember Them?)

MANIPHESTMANIPHEST 40 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Anyone remember the time when DJ's had their own song?Some of my less obvious faves...Behold The Detonator: DJ Too Tuff (Tuff Crew)Aladdins On a Rampage: DJ Aladdin (Low Profile)Funky Piano: DJ Scratch (EPMD)Do it to the Crowd: King Shameek (Twin Hype)

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    DJ Premier in Deep Concentration

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Cosign on the Aladdin's on a Rampage...

What about Jazzy Jeff Live @ Union Square... that shits dope...

Also the Hijack album from the UK... GOD DAMMMM...

Or... MC ADE - Transform, etc. etc.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Rhythm Trax - House Party Style
    D.J. On The Wheels
    Jazzy's In The House
    The Magnificent Jazzy Jeff
    A Touch Of Jazz

• 'Daddy Rich In The Land of 1210' (3rd Bass)
    'Scratch & Kut'(Main Source)
    'Cool Vs Tribute To Scratching' (Biz)

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Massive cosign on "Aladdin's on a Rampage" and all the Jazzy Jeff jernts. This could just be my X-Clan fandom showing through, but I dig "Shaft's Big Score" as well.

Also, it's not a "DJ song" per se, but the cuts DJ Scratch put down on EMPD's "Rampage" are to this day.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    'Daddy Rich In The Land of 1210' (3rd Bass)

YES.

There was also a remix of "Portrait Of An Artist As a Hood" that used the S.W.A.T. beat where he tears up LL's "awwwwwwwwww" intro from "I'm Bad". I need to hear that again.

I think Jeff's Union Square is the be-all-to-end-all though.

We need MP3s in here like

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Just the other day I was thinking about doing an ALL DJ SONG mix CD.

Oh well.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Oh well.

fuck that DO IT

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Oh well.

fuck that DO IT

DJ Day and Cosmo Baker.

2 track CD. (Force 'em to appreciate each track. None of that "skip ahead" nonsense.)

40 minutes each.

GO.

Oh well.

fuck that DO IT

DJ Day and Cosmo Baker.

2 track CD. (Force 'em to appreciate each track. None of that "skip ahead" nonsense.)

40 minutes each.

GO.

b/w

PM volleyball?

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    there is a j-live/jazzy jeff song that is basically a dj track. forget the name of it but its a quality song and there a bunch of local and national djs who get a few bars to scratch over while j-live shouts them out.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I always dug X-Ecutioners - Word Play

• frogmanfrogman 22 Posts
    anything by Mr Mixx. for somebody part of something as huge as 2 Live Crew, dude is the most underrated dj of all time. Most people too busy memorizing "One and One" to pay much attention to his Mega-Mixxes I guess. But even his in-song cuts were dope... dont.. dont... dont rush me bitch!

side note: One and One was the first time that I ever heard any dirty raps and it blew my fucking wig off. 11 year olds these days would be like pffff..... Ive already seen a chick with 2 dicks in her ass on the internet. Next!

• ageage 1,131 Posts

Hijack album

Yes..also the drums of doom is dope one too.

Also another dope u.k. one is Hardnoise!
    "Mice In The Presence Of The Lion"
    Even though, it's not a dj track, still they get pretty loose on the cuts!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    anything by Mr Mixx. for somebody part of something as huge as 2 Live Crew, dude is the most underrated dj of all time. Most people too busy memorizing "One and One" to pay much attention to his Mega-Mixxes I guess. But even his in-song cuts were dope... dont.. dont... dont rush me bitch!

side note: One and One was the first time that I ever heard any dirty raps and it blew my fucking wig off. 11 year olds these days would be like pffff..... Ive already seen a chick with 2 dicks in her ass on the internet. Next!

Insane, right? Times have changed forilla.

That said, Mr Mixxx was another big influence on me along with Magic Mike and those old Miami Bass tapes.
    I heard a story once that Mixxx did all those Mega-Mixxx joints LIVE. He would have all the records lined up and just run through em. Who knows if it's true. I need to hear those again and get my multi-track analysis on.

MP3s are

• Everything Jazzy Jeff has ever done. He's the man as far as keeping scratching entertaining. Something the x-ecutioners or Q bert have never seemed to grasp.

Behold The Detonator - Tuff Crew
    TDS SCRATCH - TDS Mob
    Adventures of Grandmaster Flash is still dope..

as for dj songs with shitty dj'ing - Marley Scratch takes the cake. I love that song.

That Jazzy Jeff song off of Nuyorican Soul is simply marvelicious.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Rodney O & Joe Cooley "Dj Nightmare" been Getting a lot of play lately... when he's cuttin LL I do my ehhhwwww face

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    the last dj track i liked was from the mannie fresh album

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Insane, right? Times have changed forilla.

That said, Mr Mixxx was another big influence on me along with Magic Mike and those old Miami Bass tapes.
    I heard a story once that Mixxx did all those Mega-Mixxx joints LIVE. He would have all the records lined up and just run through em. Who knows if it's true. I need to hear those again and get my multi-track analysis on.

Mr Mixx on the Mix!! was the first one that came to mind... I would totally believe his shit was live too.

Not on that level at all but worth mention: He is DJ Crash off Gigolo Tony's Ain't it Good To Ya (misprinted He is A[/b] DJ Crash on the CD case)

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    the last dj track i liked was from the mannie fresh album

Damn, thank you for reminding about this.... dope

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    "Jay's Game" Run-DMC

• john_doejohn_doe 237 Posts
    anything by Mr Mixx. for somebody part of something as huge as 2 Live Crew, dude is the most underrated dj of all time.

That said, Mr Mixx was another big influence on me along with any DJs from Luke Skyywalker's camp[/b]

DJ Man, Mike Fresh, DJ Toomp...

Mix Master Ice's "Bits and Pieces" off UTFO's Doin' It album was dope, too.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    DID SOMEBODY SAY MP3???

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    I always liked "rockin music" steady b. Tat wasn't the dopest philly dj, but he made a classic IMO. also "adventures on the wheels of steel" is an automatic right?

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    No love for "Bear Witness"?

And I vote for Cut Creator's scratches on "Rock The Bells" as the worst.