Need help with identifying a song (alternative-ish

johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Hopefully someone can help me here. In 1990, a friend had sent me a cassette copy of "New Power Generation Radio", a three hour surprise radio show Prince put together for KMOJ. He spoke under various voices, but the show played a bunch of rare and unreleased Prince material, as well as music he liked (Sly & The Family Stone's "Sex Machine", U2, The D.O.C.).A few months later, someone pressed up a 3LP bootleg of the radio show.It is in this show that a song played, and I loved it. I soon forgot about the radio show, but the song remained in my head. Eventually, I kept humming the song but I didn't remember where I had heard it before.Spring forward 15 years later. I'm putting together music for the Prince special I did, and pulled out the album to look for some sounds to include as interludes. Eventually, I came to a song and it had been the song I've been humming all this time. Unfortunately I have yet to find a playlist for this show.It's every "ethereal", and sounds a bit like Cocteau Twins or Mazzy Star. I don't have any of their albums nor do I know their music very well, so I can't even tell you if that's who it is. Here is the MP3:http://rapidshare.de/files/2346758/UnknownTrack.mp3.htmlIt's a very haunting song, always loved the melody and her voice, whoever it is.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Cocteau Twins, I think?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Cocteau Twins, I think?

I was thinking of going to a CT mailing list or something and asking. I want to know artist and title. The song has been haunting my head, and I'd like to know what it is.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I did a search in the newsgroups and found it. It's the Cocteau Twins' "Cico Buff".