myspace hijack

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
whats up, a gang of people have been telling me that my myspace account is sending them spam.what should i do? i changed my password, but that doesnt seem to help... im on a mac now... is there some shit installed on my shit?peace.

Comments

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    I'd say it's just a bullshit cloaking thing... it's probably actually come from someone on your list, and its then got into your list. Or it's just using your name as a sender in the hopes it'll be opened by people.

Fuck a spammer...

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Yeah, myspace has been getting hacked w/ this shit for a while now. It usually just disappears on it's own as they fix the bugs in their network. You can write them a note in the tech help thing and they usually are good about fixing shit.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    you could be infected. run a full anti-virus system scan.

my girl was checking her account at my house and "accidentally" installed something someone sent her on myspace. the shit infected my computer and started replicating itself to everyone on her friends list.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    It is most likely spoofed email. Have them look at the *full* internet email header, meaning not just the "from:" line. That will show exactly what domain (where) the email is originating from. If it isn't your internet service provider then it is probably being spoofed. If it is from your provider you might be infected and will need to do a full system scan.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    It is most likely spoofed email. Have them look at the *full* internet email header, meaning not just the "from:" line. That will show exactly what domain (where) the email is originating from. If it isn't your internet service provider then it is probably being spoofed. If it is from your provider you might be infected and will need to do a full system scan.

This doesn't apply to myspace messages.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts

This doesn't apply to myspace messages.

Oh yeah, you're right. I read "spam" and was thinking email instead of myspace messages.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Your account has been phished!

You've been phished! We have blocked your account, until you change your password! This means you can't send a message, post a bulletin, comment or add a friend until you change your password!

Your account has been phished. This means that someone stole your email & password. Since we were able to detect this, we're giving you a chance to change your password now. This will prevent the evil phisher from logging in as you and sending spam comments, emails and bulletins and editing your profile. Change it now, and you'll be safe! And yes, this is really from Tom, & no this isn't fake. No one can change your home page except MySpace. Bad guys can only edit your profile, and login as you. They can't change the page this appears on, so you know this message is real. So please change your password and be careful so you don't fall for it again.

To change your password and secure your account please Click Here

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    ^^^^
    Thanks Tom. On another note there's a virus going around that uses a .pif file, which basically just latches onto windows and makes your apps do silly things. I've had about 15 sent to me in the last week.

• I CAN SEE EVERYONE WHO IS SPYING ON MYSPACE. JUST CLICK HERE.

• change password every 2 wks. dont allow commets to be posted w/ out approval. dont respond to any "size does matter" "macys" "free ipod" etc. etc. peace, stein. . .

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Shit is hectic. My friends account was hacked and is sending out bulletins like there going out of fashion. He didn't even know his account was doing it. Just keep changing your password.

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    I have quite a few "friends" on myspace like 4000+ and I get comments from people with hijacked accounts almost every day. Lame, I guess I got to start putting the approve comments shit on...