rakim is suing krsone? this some april fools biz?

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
From okayplayer.comRakim is suing KRS-One for a whopping 100 thousand dollars. Yesterday at a news conference The R told reporters that he had ghost written much of KRS's lyrics over the past 12 years. 'He was never really a good writer, all he had was vocal skills', a solemn Rakim told reporters. "I sat him down and developed a concept for KRS-One, I created the persona of him being a 'teacher' and a 'philosopher'. Hip Hop needed a bigger then life figure to pull this off and Kris was it'. Rakim went on to explain that he had an agreement with KRS to keep their arrangement secret. He also explained that he was absent from Hip Hop for a while because he was doing a bunch of ghost writing. An angry KRS is counter suing Rakim claiming that every penny that was owed to the revered lyricist was paid back. When pressed as to whether or not Rakim had indeed written his lyrics, KRS stated that the matter is in litigation and he would speak no further. During the press conference Rakim started flawlessly freestyling lyrics from many of KRS's popular songs like 'My Philosophy' and 'Sound of The Police'. 'This should prove I'm the original author', he said. 'What I wrote came from the heart'.Joining Rakim in the lawsuit is Sean Puffy Combs and former 3rd Bass member MC Serch. Both claim that they too crafted rhymes for The Blastmasta. Puffy pulled out copyright papers to prove that he wrote the songs 'Step Into My World' and 'You Must Learn'. 'I spent at least two weeks researching the material that was later recited in that song. I'm still owed some money.', stated Combs. MC Serch told reporters that popular songs like 'The Bridge Is Over' and 'South Bronx' were tracks that he had written when he was trying to break into the business.. 'I was trying to be down and get noticed', Serch told reporters. 'So I wrote these songs as a way of breaking into the biz'. Serch also revealed that KRS is originally from Far Rockaway Queens and not the Boogie Down Bronx as he had always claimed. 'That man lived in the Red Fern Houses where no emcee would ever go..In fact that's where he did his very first show', Serch said.When asked by reporters, a smiling KRS said he had indeed been to the Far Rockaway housing projects but stopped short of saying whether or not it was where he did his very first show. He also noted that Puff and Serch are long time friends of his but said he had paid them every cent owed. He walked away when asked whether or not he wrote the songs 'Bridge Is Over' and 'South Bronx'.

Comments

• During the press conference Rakim started flawlessly freestyling lyrics from many of KRS's popular songs like 'My Philosophy' and 'Sound of The Police'. 'This should prove I'm the original author', he said. 'What I wrote came from the heart'.

This is what the Bush Administration would call a "slam dunk." No way Rakim loses the case if the judge lets him spit in the courtroom.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i heard eric b is running for pres. is this true?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    i heard eric b is running for president

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Puffy pulled out copyright papers to prove that he wrote the songs 'Step Into My World' and 'You Must Learn'.

• KidKKidK 119 Posts
    i heard eric b is running for pres. is this true?

In high school my friend eric b ran for class president, so I printed up a bunch of t-shirts photoshoping his face over the Paid in Full album cover. Nobody got it, but kid still won. Shit was nice.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    I remember reading that like 4-5 years ago.