"Screwed In Houston" (VICE TV Related)

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
"Screwed In Houston" Nice little look into H-Town's rap scene. Interviews with Devin, Trae, Bun B, South Park Coalition etc, and a little lesson on how to make that good lean!

Comments

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    oh man... I can't wait for HC to see this...

Get ready...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Now dude should investigate what it's like to be racially profiled by a cop who pulls you over for nothing and then arrests you for having some of that there drank in the car.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Now dude should investigate what it's like to be racially profiled by a cop who pulls you over for nothing and then arrests you for having some of that there drank in the car.

He tries to speak to a cop at one point (about that drank) and he was not havin' it.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    this is dope

• Now dude should investigate what it's like to be racially profiled by a cop who pulls you over for nothing and then arrests you for having some of that there drank in the car.

Or having some of that there drank in the car and accidentally running over a pedestrian...

• How do you access the video y'all are talking about?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i need to watch this

• How do you access the video y'all are talking about?

Nevermind.

• Good stuff.

Not feelin this from the blog tho:

"Most of the SPC are just your run-of-the-mill thug types." I don't think the thug usage is as bad as "run-of-the-mill".

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Does anyone have a link to that German documentary on TX rap that was posted a few months back??

I linked what was originally posted but it doesn't work anymore

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Bump.

Seriously this is good and you should watch it, m'kay.

It's muuuch better than that swill that MTV put together a couple of years back.

You get that when you talk to mainstay people like Dope E and KB.

Then again, it still retains too much of a voyeuristic tone to it.

Oh well, at least it's an improvement.

• It's muuuch better than that swill that MTV put together a couple of years back.

You talkin about "Dirty States" ??

It's muuuch better than that swill that MTV put together a couple of years back.

You talkin about "Dirty States" ??

The Houston My Block episode.

And yes, I noticed you Jazzbo during SXSW attempting to burn a hole through the back of my head with your carpetbaggeur vision.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    yeah, it's well put together. that interviewer guy is pretty funny and surprisingly comfortable with everyone.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    yeah, it's well put together. that interviewer guy is pretty funny and surprisingly comfortable with everyone.

Love the custom airbrushed white tee he gets

Vice TV has actually impressed me so far, minus the "Does and Don't".