Must the Japanese buy evey copy of Port Authority?

Manduro3000Manduro3000 265 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
I will never quite understand that. This one guy seems to buy every copy of Port Authority's "Together" that appears on ebay.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150105991284http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110107124960OK, yes I'm being a hater

Comments

• I don't know if one guy with a Port Authority jones = The Japanese. Like, if the guy happened to be from Australia we wouldn't be saying, must the Australians buy every copy...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    What are you complaining about? If that guy is willing to pay more than you then he wants it more than you. What does it matter where he's from.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    What are you complaining about? If that guy is willing to pay more than you then he wants it more than you. What does it matter where he's from.

They (he) print(s) their (his) own money over there, man!

• What are you complaining about? If that guy is willing to pay more than you then he wants it more than you. What does it matter where he's from.

that is some soulstrut logic right thur.

• What are you complaining about? If that guy is willing to pay more than you then he wants it more than you. What does it matter where he's from.

bw- you sound japanese

so having more disposable income = wanting something worse than the next guy?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

If this thread is about manduro not having enough disposable income to buy the record, the japanese guy should never have entered the conversation.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Do I need this in my collection?

• Do I need this in my collection?

That depends. Are you Japanese?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

No, willing to pay more = wanting something worse than the next guy, objectively speaking.

Yes, the assumption that the person paying more
    has more disposable income as opposed to a stronger
    desire for the record is completely unfounded.

I could bid half of my weekly paycheck against the
    fortune of a Powerball winner - and if he only wanted to pay
    $5 less than I was willing, I wanted it more.

If this thread is about manduro not having enough disposable income to buy the record, the japanese guy should never have entered the conversation.

Not so much a manduro not having enough disposable income thread, more like a manduro is being a cheap ass thread.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    There's like 3 good tracks on this... the rest kinda blows. You'll live.

• Not so much a manduro not having enough disposable income thread, more like a manduro is being a cheap ass thread.

sounds like you didnt want it bad enough.

i don't need it then.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Dude, that's 3x the good tracks on a lot of LPs I know. That's a decent ratio.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

True. I found a couple copies a couple years ago... at first it's like "wow! this is pretty good", but there's some really lame ballads and overall it just kinda wears thin after a while. There are quite a few better $150+ lp's, IMO.

• There's like 3 good tracks on this... the rest kinda blows. You'll live.

True. I found a couple copies a couple years ago... at first it's like "wow! this is pretty good", but there's some really lame ballads and overall it just kinda wears thin after a while. There are quite a few better $150+ lp's, IMO.

I think that's the main point. There are better records than the Port Authority LP. Maybe that's why I was not willing to drop unlimited cash on it.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    True, although at the same time it's not like this record has skyrocketed in value... it's been a $100+ record for a while now.

Well it's a good ratio if you're making beats or mixtapes or djing. yaoming?
    Not fronting, just saying.