weekend finds show me yours and i'll show you mine

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
HELL YEAH BATCHES!!! incredible hungarian craaaaazy rare disco heatery

Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    actually a pile of hungarian pepita heatery (and some other stuff)

less than $0.25 a pop.... (jackin fo' beatz!!!)

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    A short stack of Brazilian records including great ones by Jorge Ben, Gal Costa, Tim Maia, and others walked into the shop yesterday

Also scored "What Color Is Love" and "Wendy & Bonnie" off Doeizm/John Doe who is in town with a box of mega-45-HEAT.

(Please no PMs)

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    A short stack of Brazilian records including great ones by Jorge Ben, Gal Costa, Tim Maia, and others walked into the shop yesterday

Also scored "What Color Is Love" and "Wendy & Bonnie" off Doeizm/John Doe who is in town with a box of mega-45-HEAT.

(Please no PMs)

i jus copped a minty wendy & bonnie copy 2 weeks ago, really nice record!

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Two good ones this weekend (pics not mine). The Silhoutte Segments LP is xian weirdness :

• dave pike set -- nice. i wouldn't mind that in my racks.

dave pike set -- nice. i wouldn't mind that in my racks.

Funny thing is that I bought it from my next door neighbor. She's been collecting records for a while but is buying a car today so she put a nice stack together for me to look at (Big Boys, Misfits, Cramps, Black Flag, etc) and the Dave Pike was in there.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    dave pike set -- nice. i wouldn't mind that in my racks.

Funny thing is that I bought it from my next door neighbor. She's been collecting records for a while but is buying a car today so she put a nice stack together for me to look at (Big Boys, Misfits, Cramps, Black Flag, etc) and the Dave Pike was in there.

Hi Neal

Plaese to send Dave Pike to Brazil.

Thanks.

Hi Neal

Thanks.
    I saw lots of MPS records in Sampa! Send me your Rass (I know you have it because I saw you pull it) and we'll talk!

Hi Neal

Thanks.
    I saw lots of MPS records in Sampa! Send me your Rass (I know you have it because I saw you pull it) and we'll talk!
    You serious?

If so, we have a deal.

Peace

• Rass

why do people sweat this album so much?

Rass

why do people sweat this album so much?

Because, as said by the great philosopher Anthony Pearson, one man's doo doo is another man's gold.

Peace

• Pastor John freakin' Rydgren. Man,I've been looking for that forever. Damn, congrats.

My finds from the last week (left to right, top to bottom). Nothing spectacular, but nice records for listening pleasure or trade bizznizz.

- Baden Powel & Mauricio Einhorn: Tempo feliz (reissue)
    - Antonio Adolfo: s/t
    - Fabio: Os frutos de mi tierra
    - The Wildare Express - Walk on by
    - Fred Bongusto: Doppio whisky
    - Strawberry Alarm Clock: Best of
    - Brian Auger & Oblivion Express: A better land
    - Travelling Orchestra: Vol. 1 (library from Epevier label)
    - Pecado Capital: soap opera soundtrack

- Marku Ribas: Marku
    - Ambiance africaine: nice french comp of african music on the Barclay label
    - Can: Future days
    - Fran??oise Hardy: s/t

7"s

- Jorge Ben: Chove chuva; Balan??a pema / Rosa, menina Rosa; A tamba
    - The Beatles with Tony Sheridan: My Bonnie; Cry for a shadow / The saints; Why
    - Stories: I'm coming home; Hello people / Kathleen; Saint James
    - Pink: Lola / Love of the common people

Peace

• FrequencyFrequency 115 Posts

Woaaah. I'm down here in VA on a few DJ gigs, decided to hit up the antique shops. Found this generic looking local VA rock LP. Apparently this shit is DUMB rare!! hahah. Popsike is lookin like $1k. I'm def. gonna sell it cause it's not my thing, but actually, it's pretty good. It's this electic mix of standard fare local rock with about 3-4 Laura Nyro/Roberta Flack style piano ballads which are really quality.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

Woaaah. I'm down here in VA on a few DJ gigs, decided to hit up the antique shops. Found this generic looking local VA rock LP. Apparently this shit is DUMB rare!! hahah. Popsike is lookin like $1k. I'm def. gonna sell it cause it's not my thing, but actually, it's pretty good. It's this electic mix of standard fare local rock with about 3-4 Laura Nyro/Roberta Flack style piano ballads which are really quality.

Yeah fools go banannas for that record.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    went to a record store an hour and a half drive away and walked out with 3 records,
    highlight, Ramsey - sun goddess
    brick - dazz 12"
    then after walking out i ran back in to ask if he had a bathroom. on the way to the restroom i came across the throw away records and found heat.
    nina - here comes the sun
    nina - it is finished
    bill withers - meangerie
    3 aretha joints (couldnt see them be thrown away)
    and Stevie - Music of my mind ( glad i scooped it free, im gonna peep it and see how it hits me and report back)
    +a bunch of others
    great day in taos

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts

Yeah fools go banannas for that record.

Va ...

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    also scooped

godzilla vs. cosmic monster
    VHS boyee

• john_doejohn_doe 237 Posts
    This is actually a weekday lunchtime find - yeah I know it's not so raer, but I was happy to find one in the flea market around the corner from work...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Dude on the right has arm holes in his cape, but he ain't even fuckin with em.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

thats where they stuff the extra sandwiches.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

It is of utmost importance that you refer
    to Sugar Daddy by his full and proper title.

"dude on the right" is offensive and insulting.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts

Is this the original...if so, you got yourself a really rare find! That is a really tough record to come by. I have the reissue that was pressed years ago.....

"The legacy of John Rydgren (deceased) is one of the most enigmatic in radio-jock if not also record history. A lutheran evangelist, Rydgren started a hit program called "Silhouettes," in which he rapped over such appealing tunes as "Music to Watch Girls By," "Groovin'," "Rinky Dink," the Electric Prunes' "Kyrie Eleison," and occasionally less obvious pieces such as "Dark Side of the Flower" (with sitar). As with Ken Nordine, his thoughts were highly original, ranging from quirky perceptions of the mundane to deep acid-head philosophy. Sexy and startling, "Silhouettes" were as weird as anything heard from a pulpit or transistor radio.

Pastor John pitched his rants to the Hippie Freaks (many of whom would become Jesus Freaks) entirely on the hippies' own terms. Mentioned frequently are drugs (LSD, mushrooms, pot), mini-skirts, and other signifiers of the era. References to God but usually these are plentiful but philosphical and intriguing. Such evangelical pills were supposed to slip subtley through the sugar coating of everyone's favorite psychedelic '60s hits. It worked.

Distributed free to radio stations, Silhouette Segments never was commercially released because of licensing difficulties. It remains an obscure and treasured memento of the radio program. The LP was given heavy airplay in Vietnam, however. Questioning life's meta assumptions within a reassuring pop context, it was a natural for soldiers. And for everyone its juxtaposition of the antipodies of hip and square continue to blow minds.

Original Rydgren albums, all promo-only, are among the rarest records"

http://www.hipwax.com/music/oddpop/freak_jr.html

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    also scooped

godzilla vs. cosmic monster
    VHS boyee

Nice! VHS digging is where it's at. I've been finding Gamera tapes myself lately

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

It is of utmost importance that you refer
    to Sugar Daddy by his full and proper title.

"dude on the right" is offensive and insulting.

Oh jesus, I hadn't noticed. Now I think I know why he keeps his hands in the robe.

• Last couple of weeks:

12's include Nas/Kool G Rap "Fast Life (Norfside Remix)", P-19 "Mass Confusion" with 8x10 glossies, and Da' Enna C. "You Can't Use My Pen".

SONIC

Is this the original...if so, you got yourself a really rare find! That is a really tough record to come by. I have the reissue that was pressed years ago.....

Original Rydgren albums, all promo-only, are among the rarest records"

http://www.hipwax.com/music/oddpop/freak_jr.html

It is an OG. One of my store record finders found it in DC last week along with six different volumes of the "Poetry Out Loud" series which are also wild, wacky and wonderful. They are private press records out of Topeka, KS (later New Jersey) released in 1969-72. Echo laden voice recordings that would be great to do mescaline to (if I did mescaline).

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

SONIC

Do people/you give a shit about that Vicki Bruton record?

here's some stuff I picked up yesterday:

• Do people/you give a shit about that Vicki Bruton record?

I have no idea, they're both sealed and I was sort of fishing for info about them. I like the cover, very Dawn Of The Dead meets Anne Murray, but other than that they could be complete dogshit for all I know.

SONIC

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

Do people/you give a shit about that Vicki Bruton record?

I have no idea, they're both sealed and I was sort of fishing for info about them. I like the cover, very Dawn Of The Dead meets Anne Murray, but other than that they could be complete dogshit for all I know.

SONIC

Okay, just makin sure... It's from Dallas and is shite IMO. Wouldn't be the first time I got rid of a record I thought was ass only to find out later that people were after it.