Does the Universe end? (Cosmologist Related)

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
There are some serious talks going on in this video.While it doesn't give answers to our existence, you will definitely have many more questions. Also, Is there a Creator? Can math prove there is?And, does anyone believe that the Universe just ends?And if it does, whats beyond it?Nothing?But even nothing would still be something correct?

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Q: does the universe end?

A: when you die/

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    But show me your equation to prove this.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

existence is based on perception. its an old hindu/buddhist belief.

so everyone get lifted.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    This is a bit too deep to get into with a 10 page thread or something. I remember hearing one theory that the universe continues to expand on a regular basis, but when does it stop? Why should it stop? If it does continue to expand, would that process eventually stop? Would the universe essentially collapse into itself? If so, what exists? Everything that came before, and exists today, can all of that be recreated and/or regenerated by whatever force lead to us existing?

Everything to come is already in existence, as they say, right? I know as I get older, the idea of perception comes up a lot. If colors don't exist, are we seeing nothing but the reflection of light from the sun? If so, what do the colors mean? Or word origins, one can look in a dictionary and discover the origins of the words we use everyday, but who was the first to say "you know, I like this word to describe that." Any set of letters, or characters, can be used to describe something, and out of habit we use them. Does that mean we are truly creatures of habit, and those who break out of the habit will be moved to the side as outcasts? Follow the herd, forget what you heard?

No idea.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

As Kenneth Eng would say, we are all the God of our own universe, as the universe for each of us only exists insofar as we perceive it. Thus, the universe as we know it exists within our own minds. My mind is a part of myself, and when I die, it dies with me.

The equation:

1 (me) - 1 (me) = 0 (nothing)