Salvo Appreciation (mid week finds related)

haze25haze25 759 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
i had a trip planned out to R.I to do some digging today and decided i'd hit up one of my favorite salvation armmy spots. i see my only competition out here, and he's halfway through the records, so i cut to the last 3 crates he has yet to peep and the first record i pull is an og "afro latin soul vol.2" by the ethiopian quintet w/ mulatu. he's going on about the atomic rooster lp he pulled meanwhile i'm wondering how the fuck did this album get here? anyway it was a good day.p.s- i show him the mulatu record and he says "i don't think i would of picked that up, it looks boring".peace,xavier

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    p.s- i show him the mulatu record and he says "i don't think i would of picked that up, it looks boring".

Sounds like some pretty dull competition.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I love it when even though you see a dude going through a stack before you, you can tell that he's probably gonna pass on anything that's actually raer and go for the obvious stuff that you don't care about anyway.

Happens to me all the time at Australian record fairs.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I love it when even though you see a dude going through a stack before you, you can tell that he's probably gonna pass on anything that's actually raer and go for the obvious stuff that you don't care about anyway.

Downside is when they spend 5 minutes staring at the sleeve of every Herb Albert and Les Elgart when you're waiting to look at the box (true story)

Downside is when they spend 5 minutes staring at the sleeve of every Herb Albert and Les Elgart when you're waiting to look at the box (true story)

True, True.

Sometimes I see 'em, starring hard at the cover, like any second they expect a voice to pop out of the record and say "to answer your question, yes there is an open-drum intro on tack 4, side 2. Thankyou for your inquiry and have a pleasant day."

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

the way to get em to move quicker is the old hacking cough trick.
    but any competition in santa fe at thrift spots are people looking for those glen campell heaters. no worries atal

the way to get em to move quicker is the old hacking cough trick.
    but any competition in santa fe at thrift spots are people looking for those glen campell heaters. no worries atal

Dude... don't sleep on the Glen Cambell loner spych-folk hidede breaks in the runnout groove heatery. I be scooping that shit up on the regular and selling it on cconsignment in Recism's Gemm store.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    loner spych-folk hidede breaks in the runnout groove heatery.

my head is spinning

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    You pulled a Mulatu outta Rhode Island? Dang!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

That's what I'm saying!

I think we need visual confirmation.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

That's what I'm saying!

I AGREE

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    TIME TO CALL JLR TO VERIFY THIS THRAED AS "FAKE FINDZ FREE"

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

IMG SRC=http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/2487/mulaturife6.jpg>

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    It's the true. Young_X*vier called me right after it happened.

Funny thing is, this is just one in a long string of Salvo scores. Some guys have all the luck, I tell ya

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    if i could post a pic i would. if anything you might be able to visit said copy at good records nyc or big city records in nyc being that it's not exactly my thing.

shit if anyone has = trade, hit me up through pm and we can work somthing out.and Mark, i might be in boston next week maybe i can bring it by and show you it for confirmation, i don't wanna be known for "faking the funk" round here.

peace,xavier