2M Neptunes beat

LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
"Nas can have it" says P. Diddy after Nas bidded 2 million for a new neptunes beat, which Diddy wanted to have. "Im busy with recording my best album so far and money doesnt play a part", Nas explains.The big audience will have to wait 2 month before they will be able to hear this pricy beat, but Busta Rhymes already said. "Ah shit, thats the craziest beat, I ever heard! Those drums man, Those drums are fire! If Nas is gonna rap to this beat, its going to be over. This will be the biggest hit in the history of hiphop!"

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    nas probably aint even got 2 mil, let alone 2 mil to spend on a beat

• Options

That's why they invented mortgages.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    "This will be the biggest hit in the history of hiphop!"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

dont believe what you read on the message boards. Nas is paid. And this shit is more than likely a fake rumor.

If anything, its something these dudes came up with to generate crazy press for all involved. But until I see a legit source Im gonna say there aint no beat thats worth 2 million dollars.

• Options
    dont believe what you read on the message boards. Nas is paid.

I don't know what the message boards say since this and a fishing one are the only ones I look at, but I know for a fact Nas lives in a monster house in a million dollar neighborhood in Roslyn, NY. At least he did four-five years ago, might have moved since then. Even so, profits from his home sales if he's moved around can push him right up into the million dollar class.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    im with BSides on this.. this shit has got to be BS

seems like the only way to sell a hip hop single these days is to float some ridiculous rumour about it before the track drops.

• HA

imagine if chad's shit crashed and he lost the beat

hahahaha

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    HA

imagine if chad's shit crashed and he lost the beat

hahahaha

LOL

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    That's hip hop.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    bidded

hiphop spelling is so gaze.

• oldnewsouloldnewsoul 238 Posts

dont believe what you read on the message boards. Nas is paid. And this shit is more than likely a fake rumor.

If anything, its something these dudes came up with to generate crazy press for all involved. But until I see a legit source Im gonna say there aint no beat thats worth 2 million dollars.

I felt this way when Teddy riley was getting 90k per track. And then Dre was getting 100. supposedly a Tim/Neptune track can command up to 175K. With technolgy today, anyone can ape their style and get a fraction of that. I'm trying to get married by February. I'll beat box and throw anumal sounds on a track f0r 25! I'll even throw in a bad Curtis Mayfield impression for free.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Judging from the spelling, that piece of "news" was written by a ten-year-old.

• mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts

I bet you some rappers look back, knowing what they know now, and would spend 2mil on the beat for one thing or beat for crazy in love or grinding. this shit doesn't surprise me if its true.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    I'll even throw in a bad Curtis Mayfield impression for free.

thats a 2MIL beat right thurr...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Dudes, c'mon...$2M for a beat? $200,000? Ok, sure, but how the fuck are you going to recoup $2M for a single beat? Be real.