Sidekick 2 repair..(or should I just get the SK3?)

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Mr. Paycheck's phone post propmpted me to make this thread..soooo...i broke my 2nd Sidekick(FUCK!!^@#^$*@^) that ive owned. THe first one was the first SK(the older fatter one, and the screen basically just broke off one day..after the jog wheel quit working...of course). The last one I got(the SK2) sort of got stepped on(yeah, by me) and I basically crushed the screen, which made it to where all I can see on my screen is black except for a small section to the left of the screen. I have insurance(which is total bullshit) with Suncom(my carrier). I have the option of paying the bullshit $125 deductable and get teh SK3(which ive been told is a piece of shit phone and told not to even bother with it, because i will regret it). Should I:A.) go the Suncom route,pay the $125 insurance deductable and get the SK3 and pray it isnt as bad as people say it isB.) Go on Ebay, but a used or refurb'd SK 2 that is Suncom compatible and just pop my SIM card in and go about my business..I am guessing u can buy a SK2 off of Ebay for cheaper than $125.or C.) Try to have it repaired..I am sure there are tech geeks out there that repair screens and shit for a fee..but what if the damage to the phone is worse than thought..I know that fucker did the ol' Snap,Crackle, and Pop when I stepped on it. I mean, I can still use it a little bit, just because I am so familiar with the layout of hte phone, I can manuever through a lot of the sections and make calls and shit like that.Honestly choices A.) and B.) are what I am leaning toward. Is the SK3 THAT BAD? DJ CHUCK T told me to STAY AS FAR AS AWAY from that thing as I can..but thats just one mans opinion..maybe he got a shitty model. Anyone have a spare SK2 or 3 that is unlocked or will work with Suncom that they are down to sell or trade for records or something? Someone please HELP! I need a new damn phone..I am going NUTS!!!!Thanks in advance to anyone that can help or offer any advice.Peace,heath sweat.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yo,

I've broken my SK2 twice...the most recent time in Hawaii when I was stupid enough to have it in my pocket when I waded into the water. Duuuuuuuuuuuuh.

I have Asurion insurance which means I pay $100 and get a new SK2. It doesn't have an upgrade function though $125 for a SK3 is a pretty good deal considering how much they cost.

Personally, I wouldn't have paid to upgrade normally since thata means $250. I'd rather save towards an iPhone.

Mr. Paycheck's phone post propmpted me to make this thread..soooo...

i broke my 2nd Sidekick(FUCK!!^@#^$*@^) that ive owned. THe first one was the first SK(the older fatter one, and the screen basically just broke off one day..after the jog wheel quit working...of course). The last one I got(the SK2) sort of got stepped on(yeah, by me) and I basically crushed the screen, which made it to where all I can see on my screen is black except for a small section to the left of the screen. I have insurance(which is total bullshit) with Suncom(my carrier). I have the option of paying the bullshit $125 deductable and get teh SK3(which ive been told is a piece of shit phone and told not to even bother with it, because i will regret it). Should I:

A.) go the Suncom route,pay the $125 insurance deductable and get the SK3 and pray it isnt as bad as people say it is

B.) Go on Ebay, but a used or refurb'd SK 2 that is Suncom compatible and just pop my SIM card in and go about my business..I am guessing u can buy a SK2 off of Ebay for cheaper than $125.

or

C.) Try to have it repaired..I am sure there are tech geeks out there that repair screens and shit for a fee..but what if the damage to the phone is worse than thought..I know that fucker did the ol' Snap,Crackle, and Pop when I stepped on it. I mean, I can still use it a little bit, just because I am so familiar with the layout of hte phone, I can manuever through a lot of the sections and make calls and shit like that.

Honestly choices A.) and B.) are what I am leaning toward. Is the SK3 THAT BAD? DJ CHUCK T told me to STAY AS FAR AS AWAY from that thing as I can..but thats just one mans opinion..maybe he got a shitty model. Anyone have a spare SK2 or 3 that is unlocked or will work with Suncom that they are down to sell or trade for records or something? Someone please HELP! I need a new damn phone..I am going NUTS!!!!

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help or offer any advice.

Peace,
    heath sweat.