Where to find the heat.. ?

inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
hey everybody.I am from the south of germany and have been digging the crates for several years now.. i noticed over the last years that its becoming harder and harder (especially since everybody has internet and can easily check the worth of his records) to find the right records for a fair deal. Its generally really really hard to find any good US records here, think soul/funk, especially on 7". Sometimes u are lucky and can find some MPS/Saba Jazz Stuff for a good price, but even with this kind of relativly "common" german jazz stuff it`s becoming harder and harder. Lots of peeps think that a mps logo alone makes a record worth 20 bucks.. so my question is: is it similar in other countries, especially the US? I`m travelling europe as a dj quite a lot and usually spend some time in 2nd hand shops, flew markets etc.. same tendencies here.. the eastern european jazz stuff has increased in price a lot.. think goykovich, novi singers, polish jazz etc.so..? your experiences and/or advices on where to get lucky? ezd.

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    japanese colectros have bought up all the records.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

so..? your experiences and/or advices on where to get lucky?

ez

d.

2 posts up in here and you want us to tell you where the heat is? Alder, mach disch logger

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    digging the crates

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    digging the crates
    Raers Only on My iPod

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    There is amazing stuff out there for cheap. If you're not finding it, it means there is someone out-hustling you.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    There is amazing stuff out there for cheap. If you're not finding it, it means there is someone out-hustling you.

nobody out hustles the hustler.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    digging the crates
    Raers Only on My iPod