Party like its 2014. A mix for Strutters.

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
I finally broke 2000 posts and wanted to share my appreciation for you folls by posting a mix I made several years back. Pretty good picture of what I dig musically. More on the soul side of things. A few funky niblets thrown in for good measure. All the singles were bought at the Canby record show in 2003. Here's looking at you kids. Thanks for all of your knowledge, humor and passion. Canby Got Soul Vol 1 Canby Got Soul Vol 2Playlist:VOL 1Detroit- Gimme ShelterOtis Clay- SatisfiedOV Wright- Ace of SpadesClarence Carter- Devil WomanKinght Brothers- Love (Can't You Hear Me)Tarheel Slim & Little Annie- Much Too Late Johnny Daye- SatisfactionBobby Womack- Take MeDelia Gartrell- I Must Be Doing Something RightSoul Runners- Grits N' CornbreadEddie Wilson- Shingaling StrollJackey Beavers- Singing A Funky SongBenny Gordon & The Soul Brothers- Midnight HourOtis Clay- Do Right Woman, Do Right ManMargie Hendrix- BabyMargie Hendrix- Packin' UpThe Chevelles- The GallupEl Chicano- Cubano ChantVOL 2Frankie Beverly & Raw Soul- Color BlindFreddy King- Goin' DownJoe Simon- Come and Get ItThe Deacons-Sock It To MeKing Carter- A Little Taste of LoveFreddi Henchi & the Soulsetters- Folsom Prison Blues?Aretha Franklin-Chain of FoolsAretha Franklin- SoulvilleHannibal- I'm Your ManMighty Hannibal- Jerkin' the DogBuena Vistas- Fillet of SoulElla Washington- He Called Me BabyIke and Tina Turner- Get ItLou Courtney- Rubber Kneckin'Inez and Charlie Foxx- Don't Do It No MoreImpressions- People Get Ready

Comments

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    Just dl'ing the second mix now, do you know the first link is just one mp3 and not your mix ???

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I'm downloading the 2nd part (thanks!) ... but I thought you should know that the first link goes to a download for "You Pray For Me, I'll Pray For You". Nice tune, but probably not what you intended.

Cheers, and thanks again.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Sorry just fixed the link, weird.

Wu