RED GONE WILD!!!

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
This shit is fuckin blazin. shit. in my top five so far this year w/ Devin. ITS UP THERE with Whut Thee and Muddy Waters.Gilla House??whoever that is, dude is a beast on the beats. red shouts him out an awful lot.ANYONE HEAR THIS YET?

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This shit is fuckin blazin. shit. in my top five so far this year w/ Devin. ITS UP THERE with Whut Thee and Muddy Waters.

I don't doubt that it's good, but this is not exactly a ringing endorsement; I'd be hard pressed to come up with five albums that came out this year, good or bad.

Gilla House??
    whoever that is, dude is a beast on the beats. red shouts him out an awful lot.

I think that's actually the name of his new crew.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I got scared away by the cover art.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    This shit is fuckin blazin. shit. in my top five so far this year w/ Devin. ITS UP THERE with Whut Thee and Muddy Waters.

I don't doubt that it's good, but this is not exactly a ringing endorsement; I'd be hard pressed to come up with five albums that came out this year, good or bad.

Gilla House??
    whoever that is, dude is a beast on the beats. red shouts him out an awful lot.

I think that's actually the name of his new crew.

oh, i didnt know redman had a crew.

honestly i cant think of another album that came out this year besides Ruff Draft, but who does top twos?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    dude has been holding it down for a looooong time. some hiccups along the way no doubt. but still one of my all-time favorites. I will be copping this over the weekend.

honestly i cant think of another album that came out this year besides Ruff Draft, but who does top twos?

Yeah, it's been slow. My top five basically = my bottom five.

A lot of stuff slated to drop in the next two months, though.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I have to cosign this album. Red is a fucking beast on every one of these songs! He rips every single beat, from the club bangers to the backpackerish shit.

Herm

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    I want to love this...but i'm skeptical. I love Redman - but not really since Dare iz a darkside...maybe Muddy Waters.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Did you peep the mixtape?

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Album link?

That tape was fuggin dope.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    Did you peep the mixtape?

good? my mixtape game is a little weak. i only peep 'em if there in the ny times...

• Did you peep the mixtape?

Anyone have this to upload?

zshare.net/download/rrgwtapr-rar.html

pass: third-coast

• I saw Redman a couple of months ago for a scion show in mpls... that half hour was poppin as fuck. i will definately peep the album

"Put It Down" video:

My favorite part is when he hides out amongst the "Ban The N Word" crowd. I wondered how in the hell he was gonna make that the single with so many "n****s" in it. Genius how he replaced it with "Gilla."

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Adam F's cameo on Gilla House Check is definately a highlight.

'You fucking muppets, you fucking cunts!'

• I get a bunch of free comp DVD's/cd's at work from time to time. people just throw stuff in a closet if they don't want it. I walk my ass to the closet today to see if anything new is there and BAM-there it is! Checking it out now-so far so good-but I have'nt gotten too far into it yet.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    this album is actually pretty good. Just got around to checking it out today.

• Adam F's cameo on Gilla House Check is definately a highlight.

'You fucking muppets, you fucking cunts!'

so Adam F did work on this album too. Smash Somthing on the last one was dope.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    The single is ... not so good. Him over Timbaland in '07 really forces you to acknowledge how Luda stole his schtick.

i guess i'll check the album...i was gonna ignore it, like the last method man

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I've only listened through once so far but there are some definite good songs on there. However, as per the norm thesedays, it started losing pace for me after the halfway mark and is way too long.

Still, worth checking out.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

RedMan Catalog > Method Man Catalog.

as per the norm thesedays, it is way too long.

these should be the new rules:
    15 songs or less,
    NO MORE FUCKING SKITS!!!!!!!!!!
    (we need a thread on the wackness of skits)
    and no longer than an hour.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    as per the norm thesedays, it is way too long.

15 songs or less,
    NO MORE FUCKING SKITS!!!!!!!!!!
    (we need a thread on the wackness of skits)
    and no longer than an hour.

1. When half the songs leak several months before an album drops anyway, I don't mind that they'll load it with songs I haven't actually heard. This isn't the days of 'walk over to the turntable and move the needle,' there's a skip button for a reason.

2. Very few albums use skits and if they do its like T.I.'s last one where there are what two skits on the whole album?

3. Why would we need a thread about the wackness of skits??? Thats like the biggest cliche criticism of hip-hop albums, along with 'too long' and 'too many guests'

4. see #1

sorry if this came off at u-mad-doggie levels

15 songs or less,

RedMan Catalog > Method Man Catalog.

For real... that comparison was some straight deejery.

Method Man = one legit album

Redman = three classics + one very good album... and that's not even counting the new one. He's only slipped up and put out a suspect record once.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    No thats not really 'straight deejery" because I agree with him. But the last time people knew who either of them were on a large scale was at about the same time, when they recorded shit together, which is why I mentioned Method Man.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Well Redman has had hits since then...

I mean god, do you even party?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Well Redman has had hits since then...

I mean god, do you even party?
    tepid. seriously, way to kill w/ overuse

do you even party?

do you even party?

do you even party?

do you even party?