Honey Cone - Take Me With You (Hot Wax)

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited March 2007 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Saw a copy of this today but the guy wanted $75 for it, which I thought was excessive. Hit me if you have a more rational price for a clean copy of this record. Or is it really worth that much?

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The 45 is seriously a $2 record - Craig Moerer sells it for $8,
    and you know what that means. I don't know of any rare/valuable
    Honey Cone 45's, although I wouldn't be surprised to find out that
    there was one non-LP cut big with Northern collectors or something.

You should get the LP it's on, Sweet Replies, anyway - it's
    got a bunch of good songs on it, like "When Will It End," which is all
    funky and psychedelic and shit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Honey-Cone-Sweet-Rep...tem260075509594

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Ha - well, there's your price check. But, as you can see, this brings
    up a funny thing about Honey Cone. They have 3 maybe even 4 LP's on Hot Wax,
    and all of them share a number of the same songs. Kind of why I only ever kept one, because the other one I had, half the songs were the same. In fact, I still
    recommend the one I showed you over the one you were thinking of, for "When Will It End" as well as "Take Me With You."

And whichever one you get, don't pay more than $10-$15 for it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Ha - well, there's your price check. But, as you can see, this brings
    up a funny thing about Honey Cone. They have 3 maybe even 4 LP's on Hot Wax,
    and all of them share a number of the same songs. Kind of why I only ever kept one, because the other one I had, half the songs were the same. In fact, I still
    recommend the one I showed you over the one you were thinking of, for "When Will It End" as well as "Take Me With You."

And whichever one you get, don't pay more than $10-$15 for it.

I believe that is the first and raerest one... but I still wouldn't recommend paying more than $15 for it.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    It's funny... I had this in my sale pile for so long and no one ever bit on it. I randomly decided to put it on a couple days ago and remembered how dope it actually is! Sunday Morning People and Are You Man Enough are bangers. Sorry, no longer for sale... but yeah, $15 tops

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Yeah that's the issue with it - it's not rare, just so damn good that no one wants to let one go. I'll wait it out on eBay. Certain spot in downtown Oakland that has strange hours also has an absurd pricing scheme based around the "I am paranoid of selling a record too cheap" model".

Thanks for the help.