I'M GOING TO EUROPE WHAT IT DEW?!???!?!

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Sup STRUTTAZZZ:So yo, my main man Kero One and I got booked for a gang of European dates; Germany, France, Spain, with other stops sprinkled in between-this all should be a positive lifechanging experience. But I got some concerns:1). I'll be gone for about 3 weeks on a constant grind and this is my first time traveling on the move for this long. Any recomendations on traveling like this? What about all them crazy convertors (I'll be rocking dildo for a few dates and don't want shit to explode), a good functional and sturdy travel bag? Other things to look-out for? 2). Also in between April 28th to May 3rd I'll have some dates open. Anyone wanna book Kool Disco Deejay King Most to tear it up? (I can do pretty much any style of music with the exception of Reggae or Tiesto Paul Oakenfold schitt).Here are the tour dates:
Apr 19 2007 10:00P KERO 1 -- EPMD TOUR - GERMANY m??nster Apr 20 2007 10:00P KERO 1 - EUROPE TOUR - TBA TBA Apr 21 2007 10:00P KERO 1 - EUROPE TOUR - FRANCE Paris Apr 23 2007 10:00P KERO 1 -- EPMD TOUR - GERMANY Leipzig Apr 24 2007 10:00P KERO 1 -- EPMD TOUR - GERMANY Erlangen Apr 26 2007 10:00P KERO 1 - EUROPE TOUR - SPAIN VALENCIA Apr 27 2007 10:00P KERO 1 - EUROPE TOUR - FRANCE BORDEAUX Apr 28 2007 10:00P KERO 1 the DJ - EUROPE TOUR @ Nuspirit - SLOVAKIA Bratislava Apr 29 2007 10:00P KERO 1 - EUROPE TOUR - Radio Show - RADIO_FM Bratislava Apr 30 2007 10:00P KERO 1 the DJ - EUROPE TOUR - VIENNA Vienna May 4 2007 10:00P KERO 1 - EUROPE TOUR - SPAIN TBA May 5 2007 10:00P KERO 1 - EUROPE TOUR - FRANCE Toulouse May 10 2007 10:00P KERO 1 - EUROPE TOUR - TBA TBA
Any any strutters want to come through to any gigs HOLLER. Gust List is always in effect.

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Tiesto Paul Oakenfold schitt.

fuckit they don't like that stuff in Europe anyway.

• f'real? Damn, I didn't know.

oh yo...all the european GERMANY dates we'll be the opening act for EPMD (yeah that just happend).

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

Congrats homie... that's gonna be a blast!

What about all them crazy convertors (I'll be rocking dildo for a few dates and don't want shit to explode)

So this almost screwed me when I was DJing there. You'll need more than just the standard US->Euro converters for a few things. Unfortunately I don't know the details cuz someone helped me out, but there's a specific wattage that needs a special converter. I'm sure someone can help you out with that... definitely something to be sure of before you leave.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

they don't like that stuff in Europe anyway.

You know what they do like, though?

Lithe dark-eyed girley-men.

true. make sure yo pack that man purse of yours moist.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    congrats P,

Have fun. Just remember to guard your money. Don't leave anything valuable anywhere. Tuck your money under your nutsack. Seriously, keep all your tour money as close to you as possible.

I know people who have lost thousands of dollars because they were probably too comfortable and not careful enough. Be on edge! Ha ha. Just be careful and have fun.

a good functional and sturdy travel bag?

wait you mean like this one?

• if you are just talking power conversion for a computer. i use a mac g4 powerbook. my bandmate uses a dell laptop. both of our computers work fine with only the adapters you buy at the airport so computers work fine in ANY country on earth without power conversion. anything else is at you own risk, i've seen a brand new set of technics 1210's explode and catch on fire at jazz cafe in london. the owner started crying immediatly. also i've brought my vestax 05 pro with me and you need to buy the u.k./eu power supply for it. or a step up covertor that costs about 20 dollars a day rental. peace, stein. . .
    p.s. i'm in europe at the exacts same dates as you so i'm sure we'll be crossing paths at some point!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Do you have a Mac??? if so, that little white plug will convert the voltage automatically. You just need the plug adapter. you can get them at the mac store.

keep your passport on you at all times. if you lose it, you're fucked.

Euros can be like monopoly money. make sure you do the math when buying shit.

learn that military time clock... i missed trains because i did the math all wrong.

• one more word of advice. wear boxer underwear. just incase you have no access to washer/dyer for days you can sink wash at night and it will be airdry by morning. and eat plenty of salad.
    peace, stein. . .

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    both of our computers work fine with only the adapters you buy at the airport

DON'T DO THIS!

• and eat plenty of salad.
    peace, stein. . .

But seriously, what about eating right on the move? That's another thing, any tips to do before?

• as for converters, you can't use them on anything with an AC adapter. any of those bulky ass plugs with the big box where the two prongs extend from... you in trouble.

be sure to get familiar with the gypsies. they will be the best to judges as to the quality and stylistic value of your manpurse

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    if you're single and are up for catching bodies - make sure you bring american condoms. Euro hats are fake-fresh.

If you plan on drinking/smoking/partying a lot - bring a box of Emergen-C (tangerine is my fave) and take it every morning and before you sleep. It'll keep you from getting sick and give you a decent amount of energy when you're not sleeping enough. If you can - get it in your rider.

Stay away from all American chains except KFC.

and eat plenty of salad.
    peace, stein. . .

But seriously, what about eating right on the move? That's another thing, any tips to do before?

yo you're one of those pansy vegitinarians right?

whatever. I say hit the price club/costco for a box of powerbars. they can provide important nutrients when all there is is butter croissants or candy vending machines around. and do invest in a good multivitamin (no flintstones-o). preferably one with greens, or bring a separate bottle of greens capsules (spiralina-related). really a fat multi in the morning and another in late afternoon can be essential when traveling IMHO.

and pack tampons in your purse. the Euro ones chafe.

up for catching bodies

OOOF. P*trick, don't kill anyone in Europe. they will extradite your ass.

bring a box of Emergen-C (tangerine is my fave)

the cranberry joints are good too.

and maybe cop the condroitin and glucosamine-laced ones. record bag can be hell on the shoulder joints no joke.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I'll be rocking a dildo for a few dates and don't want shit to explode

um... PAUSE.

the cranberry joints are good too.

I'll have to try them for my Denver trip next month.

• get a suitcase with wheels & don't bother taking more than like 2 pairs of comfy shoes, you can wear the same shit a ton of the time - its not like ya'll know anyone .. and yeah, you'll spy the odd laundromat to do washing if need be, but I stress the 'odd' bit ..

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i dont know nathan about no europe but good to hear that you decided to go on the tour. do it big!

• Georges and Ben:

That's exactly what I was looking for. I'll get some emergen-c's and a great multivitamins. And yeah, when I went to Japan last year I packed way to many clothes, i'm trying to fit everything into a backpack and not trying to bring a suitcase.

FYI: Powerbars have as much sugar as a snickers. Look for a brand with low sugar.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Congrats, Patrick, this is awesome news! You are really stepping your dj game, ahhh, and to think I knew you when you were playing lil joints like Dalva.... memories....

ps. Don't forget your eyeliner!

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

fuckit they don't like that stuff in Europe anyway.

Go to Greece, man. They will marry you on the dancefllor if you play this...
    Phonics, count me in in Munster! Will def initely come to see the show there. Guestlist would be awesome. And dont worry, europeans are people too

• Tiesto Paul Oakenfold schitt.

His eyes are hazel. Get deliciously familiar.

And P, holler before you leave. Just plan on having a great trip!

That's exactly what I was looking for

anytime - congrats on the gigs.

FYI: Powerbars have as much sugar as a snickers. Look for a brand with low sugar.

true indeed. I refer to all those bars generically as "Powerbars." these days I am digging these jawns right here; they are raw uncooked DOPE:

and for multis, you should talk to AP or some of the other health nuts on here. but I like the "Super" vegetarian joints:

or go cheaper at Trader Joes. They have a good green capsule at TJs, too. I really think the greens are essential to keep up while traveling.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    You are really stepping your dj game, ahhh, and to think I knew you when you were playing lil joints like Dalva....

opening up for EPMD in Deutschland is the ideal definition of Real World Moves??? (emphasis on 'world')

congratulations patrick!

• FYI: Powerbars have as much sugar as a snickers. Look for a brand with low sugar.

true indeed. I refer to all those bars generically as "Powerbars." these days I am digging these jawns right here; they are raw uncooked DOPE:

and for multis, you should talk to AP or some of the other health nuts on here. but I like the "Super" vegetarian joints:

or go cheaper at Trader Joes. They have a good green capsule at TJs, too. I really think the greens are essential to keep up while traveling.

lara bars are whats up, yum.

before you go out and buy a grip, lemme holler at my buddy, he has white label promo lara bars for dat ass.

as if you havent heard it from me before, congrats again. need a roadie?

you dont think most of the venues will have microwave installed already?

ps- dont forget to pick up the bunny suit from the drycleaners

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

But seriously, what about eating right on the move?

Don't know about Bratislava but Germany should be straight on the quick tasty veggie food tip.

Spinach pizzas and falafel for days!

Spain and France are ripe with good eatings. I'd say the greatest challenge there would be not eating (read: indulging) way too much.

Don't forget to drink water, even though the beer is cheaper.