Ray Cash - "Sex Appeal"

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
"I'm a pimp in my own mind, a pimp in my own mind""Hit that track catch a dame, bring my scratch don't be late"

Comments

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    i love that track. had the promo 12" for a month or two, is it hitting radio-wise?

paging schnipper to help ponder the conceptual ramifications of a club song where dude admits to being a pimp only in his (own fucking) mind.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    i love that track. had the promo 12" for a month or two, is it hitting radio-wise?

paging schnipper to help ponder the conceptual ramifications of a club song where dude admits to being a pimp only in his (own fucking) mind.

It's the jam of the week on MTV jams. They play the video at the start of every hour. I've had MTV jams on all day while cleaning the crib and have seen the video 5 or 6 times now. I'm feelin' this joint.

Watch the video at:

www.raycash.com

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts

I watched this video a lot on MTV Jams at my parents house two weeks ago. It's always bizarre to me that, in theory, my parents could go turn on digital cable and kick it with Ray Cash every day if they wanted. They're more into CSI (who isn't?) but maybe every once in a while they go up to the channels in the 400s and peep the videos. Probably not, though? Wish I got that shit.

Anyway, I just picked up this 12" the other day after kind of forgetting about this song. It's NICE. It's frightening, though, when dude adds the "fucking" to the signature line. I'M A PIMP IN MY OWN FUCKING MIND! My gosh, dude, you're a little bit scary. I wonder if pimping in your own mind works as a prerequisite to bodily pimping or only as an alternative to it? Ray Cash is not a particularly pimperish guy, either -

-

wire rims are more "I'm a legal assistant at my 9-to-fucking-5" than being a doler of sex, but that's cool, do your thing Ray.

DC people, there are a lot of these 12"s for a quarter a piece (half what I paid for mine!) at CD/Game in Adams Morgan, go get that shit

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    wire rims