The Anderson Tapes

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Friday night in CPH, chillin with my homeboy drinking acouple of brewski's watching The Anderson Tapes....Quincy Jones on the beats, this soundtrack was never released except for the main title track, a shame cause there's definitely potential.... Any other start 70's Quincy Jones ost's never released on wax????

Comments

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
    Any other start 70's Quincy Jones ost's never released on wax????

I think Quincy wrote a soundtrack for "Getaway" , but I'm not sure they used it in the movie .......up to my knowledge it hasn't been released on wax ...

and he scored also the flick titled "The New Centurions" :
    a tough cop drama that should serve some funkiness, being it released in 1971

hope it help

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    How about his score for John And Mary (1969), Ive seen the record, never heard it, the cover looks kinda lovestory whateverish,... anybody know if this soundtrack has any heat.....?

How about his score for John And Mary (1969), Ive seen the record, never heard it, the cover looks kinda whateverish,... anybody know if this soundtrack has any heat.....?

I don't know it.....

I've been told the "dollars" OST is good, they released on cd recently

and also what abt the movie "Honky" ?

How about his score for John And Mary (1969), Ive seen the record, never heard it, the cover looks kinda whateverish,... anybody know if this soundtrack has any heat.....?

I don't know it.....

I've been told the "dollars" OST is good, they released on cd recently

and also what abt the movie "Honky" ?

The Dollar$ ost is all that,... Quincy Jones has this unique sound thats real dope, The Anderson Tapes has that special sound also...

This definitely sounds like a very watchable movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I think Quincy wrote a soundtrack for "Getaway" , but I'm not sure they used it in the movie .......up to my knowledge it hasn't been released on wax ...

I have a 45 on A&M that is credited to him, "Love Theme from 'The Getaway'," which is OK, but as "love theme" suggests, is on some super mellow styles - featuring harmonica by Toots Theilman. I'm curious to know if there's a whole soundtrack, too. That's an awesome movie.

This definitely sounds like a very watchable movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah I never had the chance to watch it so if you get it, let me know....

I have a 45 on A&M that is credited to him, "Love Theme from 'The Getaway'," which is OK, but as "love theme" suggests, is on some super mellow styles - featuring harmonica by Toots Theilman. I'm curious to know if there's a whole soundtrack, too. That's an awesome movie.

Sounds good,... 1971 action, with QJ on the score, this has to be hot!!!....Ive never seen the original movie, only the remake(1994)... and never seen the OST LP either...?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Sounds good,... 1971 action, with QJ on the score, this has to be hot!!!....Ive never seen the original movie, only the remake(1994)... and never seen the OST LP either...?

The Getaway

It's good. Steve McQueen and Ali McGraw in a movie directed by Sam PeckinPah with a score by Quincy Jones - can't go wrong! Forget the remake, it stinks.

The Getaway

It's good. Steve McQueen and Ali McGraw in a movie directed by Sam PeckinPah with a score by Quincy Jones - can't go wrong! Forget the remake, it stinks.

Thanks for the link, the video clip (and Ali McGraw) looks real nice,... I wanna see this... !!!