paypal threat

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
is there anything i can do?a dude ordered a record off my list, the catalog number was specified. The record he ordered was "Cop Show - Cover Versions LP (AX-8034)". He claims (even though the record has the catalog number on it) that it's the wrong LP???? Now I could understand if you were ordering it just with the name and that wasn't cleared up, but he asked no questions and went by the catalog numbers, fair deal. Dudes pissing me off. If he files a claim am I fucked? I have some big funds coming in for my move overseas and I can't have my account frozen...peace.________________________________e-mail #1hey man, i was wondering if you still had these lps ? i got an old setsalelist from you i was going through.Cop Show - Part 3 LPCop Show - Cover Versions LP (AX-8034)________________________________e-mail #2cool, ill take this one, Cop Show - Cover Versions LP (AX-8034). you caninvoice me @ [email]phaseone01@hotmail.com[/email] . Thank you good sir!Adam________________________________e-mail #3hey man, i got the lp today, but its not the right lp. this is either vol 3,or the best of the howl to the sun serious, but i can tell you for a factthat it is not Cop Show Cover Versions Vol 1. i would like to get the properlp, if you want you can send me 15 to ship it back and send me the properone, cause i dont wanna do a paypal claim! aight man? lets get this figuredout.Adam

Comments

• MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
    i can tell you for a fact
    that it is not Cop Show Cover Versions Vol 1. i would like to get the proper
    lp, if you want you can send me 15 to ship it back and send me the proper
    one, cause i dont wanna do a paypal claim! aight man? lets get this figured
    out.

Adam

If he tells Paypal what he told you (that he received the wrong LP), then he will have to return the LP to you to receive a refund. Paypal usually only credits the buyer when they haven't received a parcel and the shipper can't prove insurance/registration. Paypal will probably only freeze the amount in question until the issue is resolved.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Adam

Don't out Guzzo like that, his addiction to the cop show ill drama loops is sad indeed

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    i can tell you for a fact
    that it is not Cop Show Cover Versions Vol 1. i would like to get the proper
    lp, if you want you can send me 15 to ship it back and send me the proper
    one, cause i dont wanna do a paypal claim! aight man? lets get this figured
    out.

Adam

If he tells Paypal what he told you (that he received the wrong LP), then he will have to return the LP to you to receive a refund. Paypal usually only credits the buyer when they haven't received a parcel and the shipper can't prove insurance/registration. Paypal will probably only freeze the amount in question until the issue is resolved.

True. I would attempt to get in touch with a human being at Paypal (if they exist) to clarify their policy though. It sounds like the guy bought the wrong record, thinking it had some crazy sample, and now realizes he is a doofus and wants to fix his mistake at your expense.