Audio Interface Recommendations??

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
I'm tired of this M-Audio piece of shit, and would like to get a new interface, one with preferrably more than just one pair of 1/4" inputs. Can anyone recommend something for under $100? Many thanks in advance.(by the way, I have a macbook, if that matters at all...)

Comments

• Somebody, anybody

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    you aren't going to find anything worthwhile that has more than one 1/4" input for under $100 that you can use with a macbook

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    you aren't going to find anything worthwhile that has more than one 1/4" input for under $100 that you can use with a macbook

agreed, save up for a decent interface. at that price point there's nothing but crappy usb interfaces to choose from.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Less than $100 equals garbage. I have the Lexicon Omega which was around $300, and I'm happy with it, although I've not yet put the pre-amps to a rigorous test. 4 inputs.

• Ok I guess I was misinformed, as I thought $100 was a decent amount for a good one. Can y'all recommend a dude some quality interfaces in general?

• bubor0ckbubor0ck 141 Posts
    Echo Audio AudioFire or TC Electronics Konnekt 8 are probably your best options in "prosumer" price range

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    RME Fireface 400 ftw.

• you aren't going to find anything worthwhile that has more than one 1/4" input for under $100 that you can use with a macbook

agreed, save up for a decent interface. at that price point there's nothing but crappy usb interfaces to choose from.
    Thanks for the recommendations so far. Excuse my ignorance, but what's the big bonus to getting firewire> (i've always used usb)

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    TC Electronics Konnekt 8

I got this a couple of months ago, and so far I've got nothing but good things to say about it.

• Excuse my ignorance, but what's the big bonus to getting firewire? (i've always used usb)
    Can someone drop some knowledge for me here??

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    you can get down to 2ms of latency w/ firewire. with usb 2.0, the lowest you'd see is 4ms. not to say that's all bad, but you get spoiled. most devices are still usb 1.1 which is significantly slower than usb2.

in reality though, only matters if you're midi heavy.