thats a new one on me (rec shop customer related)

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
this dude just came in and said he "came in about a year ago, it was last summer and sold y'all some records...I found out they were really valuable and want to buy them back." !?!?!?! I said, well, we probably sold them, but you can go out into the racks and look for them...I dont know what records you sold us. He was really distressed I didnt know where "his" records were. Thats a new one on me.

Comments

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    ha that's exellent!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Dude, why did you sell his records?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You should really start to compile your stories, dude. They're incredible.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    ha, thanks cosmo...it just dawned on me that I need to get that Sharon Jones concert CD to ya...completely forgot about that

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    trying to comprehend the thought process of such people makes my head hurt so i always try not to but it's hard

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    this guy brought a few hundred common turds in the shop the other day. I figured what the hell, I'll buy a few outta sympathy. I offered him $2 for MJ Thriller. He was not down and told me it was really rare and he was gonna keep it. Than I got to thinking yeah they didn't make 20 billion of those, that didn't really sell many copies in its day.

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    Dude, now I remember what I brought in last year: Leo Sayer's "Endless Flight", Gino Vanelli's "Brother to Brother" and the 5th Dimension's "The Age of Aquarius".

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    If only I could relate some of the stories that I have about dudes who used to shop at Armand's Records when I worked there. Like dudes coming in to get Jay-Z and Punjabi MC, or as it was put, "You got Jay-Z over the Bin Laden beat?"

• ^you used to work at armands in philly?

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    If only I could relate some of the stories that I have about dudes who used to shop at Armand's Records when I worked there. Like dudes coming in to get Jay-Z and Punjabi MC, or as it was put, "You got Jay-Z over the Bin Laden beat?"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah I worked in Armands for a long time, like from right after Todd 1 passed away.

• I take it you're not there anymore? i left my alltime most wanted/nobody knows about record there and haven't been back since.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    that's like going into the bank to make a withdrawl and saying, this ain't my $20, mine had the corner torn off.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    this guy brought a few hundred common turds in the shop the other day. I figured what the hell, I'll buy a few outta sympathy. I offered him $2 for MJ Thriller. He was not down and told me it was really rare and he was gonna keep it. Than I got to thinking yeah they didn't make 20 billion of those, that didn't really sell many copies in its day.

you offered $2 for thriller. that is generous. i need to start selling some records at your place if you are giving 2 on thriller. i have no idea who you are or where your record store is but it's good to know there are generous record store employees out there.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

you offered $2 for thriller. that is generous. i need to start selling some records at your place if you are giving 2 on thriller. i have no idea who you are or where your record store is but it's good to know there are generous record store employees out there.

Thriller and Off the Wall are 2 of the easiest
    records to sell used copies of, at least in my experience. No,
    a clean copy doesn't go out for more than $5.99, but at my old
    store any copy of Thriller I put out for sale was gone in 48 hrs.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I find that very amusing. Heck, I bought a copy of Thriller when I first started digging.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

I find that very amusing. Heck, I bought a copy of Thriller when I first started digging.

I gladly pay $2 for minty copies of Thriller and OTW. If you are selective in what you buy you can pay a little more than the guy down the road.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

I gladly pay $2 for minty copies of Thriller and OTW. If you are selective in what you buy you can pay a little more than the guy down the road.

Hey Dan I sold you a copy of Melting Pot 10 years ago. Can I get that back? And no you cannot have Tabby Thomas back.