Tomorrow...(NYTimes Related)

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
...Before we all get into a huff about the El-P profile in the Arts section (which I haven't read, and probably won't)...Let's talk about the Clyfford Still article. THAT is a fascinating artist. El-P can't hold that jock for artistic integrity. A Sunday without Asshurt Rap...Enjoy.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    ...Before we all get into a huff about the El-P profile in the Arts section (which I haven't read, and probably won't)...Let's talk about the Clyfford Still article. THAT is a fascinating artist. El-P can't hold that jock for artistic integrity.

A Sunday without Asshurt Rap...Enjoy.

As a middle school art teacher, I can say with some authority that he does not appear to have employed the best techniques.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

As a middle school art teacher,

are you really? that's...that's awesome.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    ...Before we all get into a huff about the El-P profile in the Arts section (which I haven't read, and probably won't)...Let's talk about the Clyfford Still article. THAT is a fascinating artist. El-P can't hold that jock for artistic integrity.

A Sunday without Asshurt Rap...Enjoy.

I just saw one of his works at LOCMA as part of a larger retrospective on paintings of the American west. Very underrated artist. The mystique about his reclusiveness makes for an interesting story.

• When you see some of his works (and I've seen the piece you talked about in the LACMA) they are just so overwhelming; those abex dudes take flack (rightly) for some of their macho posturing. but, the ambition and scale that came out of some of that machismo can be stunning. and Still had both the ambition and sense of scale to amaze.

Yes, of course I am--who would lie about something like that?

• As a middle school art teacher,

He is also voluptuous.

He is also voluptuous.

I know what that word means and I do not think it is appropriate for you to call me "fat" in public on the internet, particularly in light of the fact that I have always confined my trash-talking about you to private situations and to individuals who have sworn never to repeat said hurtful remarks regarding your obvious physical defects to you.

• That...that just happpened?

• As a middle school art teacher,

He is also voluptuous.

delicious