Who is deep in the middle east?

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
I need to get schooled on some Middle East Funk and even DJ remixes with sitar type ish on them that also have some nice beats with them. possibley like loungey shit... ANYONE ?

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    uhhhh dude isn't the sitar more of a southeast/central asian thing?

pfffffffttttt.

read-up on your geography read-ups. "those people" aren't all the same you know.

• uhhhh dude isn't the sitar more of a southeast/central asian thing?

pfffffffttttt.

read-up on your geography read-ups. "those people" aren't all the same you know.

Thank you... this is precisely why I said please school[/b] me...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    it sounds like your looking for music from the middle east with heavy western influence, if thats the case there is probably more psych and rock than funk from that area and thats most likely what you'll want to check out.

As far as Israel goes I'd check into the Churchills, Poogy, and anything westernized on the hed arzi label

also as far as middle east instrumentation don't sleep on the santur

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    start with anything by the rahbani bros.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    uhhhh dude isn't the sitar more of a hippie thing?

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I need to get schooled on some Middle East Funk and even DJ remixes with sitar type ish on them that also have some nice beats with them. possibley like loungey shit... ANYONE ?

uhhh... middle east is not what you mean.
    there was that Bombay the Hardway comp from Automator and Josh that came out in the late 90s. that would fit under "sitar type ish on them that also have some nice beats with them"

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    The Dave Pike Set might also fall under the category of what you're looking for.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    THIS DUDE IS WAAAAAY DEEP
    KAHILD SHEIK BELUSHI

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    THIS DUDE IS WAAAAAY DEEP
    KAHILD SHEIK BELUSHI

dude this guy deserves his own thread. bout to start one!