COMPUTER APP. that FILTERS tracks into BASELINES?

Digger_Phelps_IIDigger_Phelps_II 174 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
any reccomendations?wuts the most effective one?

Comments

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    I use the eq's in soundforge but in all honety you are never gonna get a "clean" sounding bassline this way. It's just a good way to beef up bass in samples if you run a loop of it filtered as well as the regular.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    I use the eq's in soundforge but in all honety you are never gonna get a "clean" sounding bassline this way. It's just a good way to beef up bass in samples if you run a loop of it filtered as well as the regular.

hey you can get clean basslines! if its jazz and ez listening you're sampling... where the drums arent that bassheavy, or when the drums are panned... or when the drums are low in the mix. you get the picture.

and its usually just snares that sounds annoying when leaked into filtered basslines anyways... and you can get rid of that problem by just having own snares on top of it all the time...

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    any reccomendations?

wuts the most effective one?

im using this one myself:

removes everything at once rather than just 12db or 24db like an eq does.

• any reccomendations?

wuts the most effective one?

im using this one myself:

removes everything at once rather than just 12db or 24db like an eq does.

what app is that? "bandpass"?

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Sony Sound Forge -> Waves Platinum Pack -> MaxxBass

This thing has produced bass for me even when the sample has many sound on it. Play around with it if you got the pack.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    hey you can get clean basslines! if its jazz and ez listening you're sampling... where the drums arent that bassheavy, or when the drums are panned... or when the drums are low in the mix. you get the picture.

and its usually just snares that sounds annoying when leaked into filtered basslines anyways... and you can get rid of that problem by just having own snares on top of it all the time...
    well yeah, but I still wouldn't call it "clean" you are gonna be missing all the "air" you filtered out so it won't sound as natural and lets say you get that snare bleed thing well then you could never run the bassline open. And as for panning that's great but kind of a different thing from filtering, no? I mean obviously the less shit there is along w/ the bassline the beter your results, but lets say you take your average soul song and try and come away with somehting real clean chances are it ain't gonna happen. But if you are looking for that filtered bass sound then have at it! And it is a cool sound.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    FL Studio has a function like that....I forget what settings though

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

well yeah, but I still wouldn't call it "clean" you are gonna be missing all the "air" you filtered out so it won't sound as natural and lets say you get that snare bleed thing well then you could never run the bassline open. And as for panning that's great but kind of a different thing from filtering, no? I mean obviously the less shit there is along w/ the bassline the beter your results, but lets say you take your average soul song and try and come away with somehting real clean chances are it ain't gonna happen. But if you are looking for that filtered bass sound then have at it! And it is a cool sound.

yeah well to my ears sub-like-basses are clean and livebasses dirty.. i guess we have to agree to disagree on that part!

you can always chop the results to get rid of any parts where snares or whatever leaks in. pete rock is doing this alot and his basses are "clean" to my ears... but who wants clean shit anyways? its hiphop were talkin bout!

black moon - "buck em down"

remember that intro? open filtered bassline, and yes.... the snares leaks in!!