Are Your Ears Getting Spoiled?

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Mines are. As some of you hardcore diggers have said "There aren't many things that floor me now-a-days". I'm starting to relate to that sentiment. Even though, I've only listened to maybe 1/100th of the records you probably have.

Comments

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    I'd suggest findin a new genre that better connects with your current feelings.

Or better yet, today I read a newspaper in the park with a coffee and a tea biscuit from the bakery next door.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Yeah--in particular, I suggest exploring a genre from a different part of the world than whatever you've been focusing on.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    You have tepidfunkitis. Flooded funk receptor.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

You need to read www.reynaldo82.com

It will tell you what to like - in longstanding tradition.

As well as exactly how much to like it, in helpful dollar increments.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

How much I like things is measured by dollars too - how handy!

Were it not for the services Reynaldo provides gratis I know that I, personally, would have wasted a tremendous amount of time actually listening to records.

How can we ever express our gratitude?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Were it not for the services Reynaldo provides gratis I know that I, personally, would have wasted a tremendous amount of time actually listening to records.

You can help Reynaldo82.com expand and improve! :

I fear the mere pittance that I am capable of donating might be so inadequate as to insult an international balleur of Reynaldo's calibre.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    If you haven't gotten deep into Hindustani classical music I'd suggest you get on that train. It resuscitated my love of beats.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Flooded funk receptor.

----------------------

I gotta say, I really do relate to this sentiment. Sometimes I do feel that I have to take a break because I feel I've heard it all before. Beyond echoing fau'x thoughts, fresh ears can really do the trick too...like not having your favorite meal cooked by your mom in a while but then you go home and it's like, "WOW!! This is what I've been missing." Goes in cycles.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    If you haven't gotten deep into Hindustani classical music I'd suggest you get on that train. It resuscitated my love of beats.

http://magicofjuju.blogspot.com/

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    this thread is bizarre. Especially coming from Mr I went to buy raer, but they misheard me and gave me Roy Ayers.

• You have tepidfunkitis. Flooded funk receptor.

I fear the mere pittance that I am capable of donating might be so inadequate as to insult an international balleur of Reynaldo's calibre.

How do you think he got all his money?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Although most of the Indian stuff on there is Karnatic (South Indian) I'm not complaining (tabla in hindustani tradition does tend to be a bit more gangster though). good look on the link.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Yeah--in particular, I suggest exploring a genre from a different part of the world than whatever you've been focusing on.

Yea, I've been looking more into dub lately. I really shouldn't complain though, considering I haven't even heard the entirety of funk,soul staples like Joe Quarterman, Demon Fuzz, etcx2.

I need me a copy of The Meters-s/t and an orange juice.

It's fuckin' Friday. As I get older, I need more bang for my buck. I'm not gonna fuck around with no tepid, borderline good shit. Heat only.

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    this thread is bizarre. Especially coming from Mr I went to buy raer, but they misheard me and gave me Roy Ayers.
    !!

!!

I'm confused, is this dude talking about me?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Flooded funk receptor.

----------------------

I gotta say, I really do relate to this sentiment. Sometimes I do feel that I have to take a break because I feel I've heard it all before. Beyond echoing fau'x thoughts, fresh ears can really do the trick too...like not having your favorite meal cooked by your mom in a while but then you go home and it's like, "WOW!! This is what I've been missing." Goes in cycles.

Exactly. There is always more music out there that will hit you hard and blow your mind. Sometimes it's just frustrating to find it.