Vote for Sanjaya; The Next American Idol

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
www.votefortheworst.comHaha! People are trying to sabotage this whack ass show, and make this guy, who is not good, the next idol. so far it is working.so go vote for Sanjaya.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    www.votefortheworst.com

Haha! People are trying to sabotage this whack ass show, and make this guy, who is not good, the next idol. so far it is working.

so go vote for Sanjaya.

Eh, WFTW is whatever. They showed that they don't have that much clout when their favorite candidates BOTH got cut before the finals.

And the thing is, if this were a season where there was all bullshit "talent" then sure - what does it hurt to advance someone like Taylor Hicks or whatever. But you actually have people who are incredibly good singers this season: two of them in fact.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    The minute Roy Head's son got booted from the show, I knew the shit was fixed.

• The minute Roy Head's son got booted from the show, I knew the shit was fixed.

It was clear he practiced the hell out of his audition and couldn't do well without lots of rehearsal time.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Can someone please explain the appeal of this show. I've caught bit and pieces of it at work and at friends houses, but never once have I felt drawn to really watch this show.

It's ratings are incredible and its popularity earns it spots on national newscasts. I am not trying to set someone up here I just really want to know what it is about this show that has made it a pop-culture phenomenon

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    ******WAAAAAAAAAAA ALERT******[/b]

really, you guys watch this garbage?

Can someone please explain the appeal of this show. I've caught bit and pieces of it at work and at friends houses, but never once have I felt drawn to really watch this show.

It's ratings are incredible and its popularity earns it spots on national newscasts. I am not trying to set someone up here I just really want to know what it is about this show that has made it a pop-culture phenomenon

Speaking for myself:

(a) I only watch it sporadically, it ain't that compelling to keep me coming back week after week

(b) I'm usually laughing AT it, not WITH it

• ******WAAAAAAAAAAA ALERT******[/b]

really, you guys watch this garbage?

Because the musicians are better than you and the judges know more about music than you.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    It just seems real suspect that Simon is ridin for the Sistas (Overdoin it) post Oscar awards. Yeah, they can sing and deserve praise, but Simon is takin it easy on them when he would be fartin on their game in the past.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Speaking for myself:

(a) I only watch it sporadically, it ain't that compelling to keep me coming back week after week

(b) I'm usually laughing AT it, not WITH it

I knew there were those that watch it for the trainwreck aspect but there has got to be more to it than that for most. After all this thing comes on not just once every 7 days but sometimes up to 4 times a week.

I want to try to catch this type of lightning in a bottle for my proposed Harvey Firestein/ aversion camp reality show

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    though i started the thread, i never watch the show. i did see sanjaya when he was auditioning with his sister. then i heard about the vote for the worst website on howard stern, and i thought itd be funny to ruin the show, and at least get the kid on tour.

though i started the thread, i never watch the show. i did see sanjaya when he was auditioning with his sister. then i heard about the vote for the worst website on howard stern, and i thought itd be funny to ruin the show, and at least get the kid on tour.

The show is already a ruined shadow of itself.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Aww - he did? I know there's a reason why I've never watched an episode.

White R&B guy just like his pops. I get the distinct impression that if he weren't a Head, we'd probably write him off as just another Blues Hammer-ish "blooze" singer, but he had so much character and identity, compared to his "we'll-sing-anything" cast mates...I was hoping ol' boy would be the Taylor Hicks of 2007.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Can someone please explain the appeal of this show.

The first 4 weeks is a Mental Institution Gong Show

The next 3 weeks is to see if the fans can find naked pictures or crime convictions of the contestants on the Internet.

The following 4 weeks is for washed up pop artists to appear in an attempt to revive their long dead careers.

And the final show is used to insult all the real musicians out there by proving that they can take some mediocre talent and turn them into a profit.

This year they actually have two very talented people who are too good for the show and should have been "discovered" long ago.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I think most people who believe that a significant enough number of people are voting for the worst contestant have it confused. When's the last time there was a popular Indian musician in America--an Indian entertainer in general, even? Of course they're voting in numbers. I would be, too.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    an Indian entertainer in general, even?

alas, if i only got that sitcom role... we would not be in this conundrum

• When's the last time there was a popular Indian musician in America--an Indian entertainer in general, even?

[smartass][/smartass]

I know you mean full-on Desi goodness, not VH1/ABCD. Still, she's kinda tikki.

White R&B guy just like his pops. I get the distinct impression that if he weren't a Head, we'd probably write him off as just another Blues Hammer-ish "blooze" singer, but he had so much character and identity, compared to his "we'll-sing-anything" cast mates...I was hoping ol' boy would be the Taylor Hicks of 2007.

Did you cop Taylor Hicks' album? If so, how does it sound?

Did you cop Taylor Hicks' album?

Yes, got a free copy at work...

If so, how does it sound?

It sucks! Halfway between Michael McDonald and Michael Bolton! Not a good thing!

I kinda halfway figured he'd do something like this. Could this REALLY have been his idea? I've never heard the indie-label records he made pre-Idol can just see his future now...after two more albums, his label is gonna drop him, and then he's gonna do like Shelby Lynne and record a bluesier, back-to-the-roots, "this is who I really am, it was Simon Cowell who made me do all that horrible pop shit" album.

He's got potential, and I know it's too much to ask him to be the Roy Head of modern times, but he really needs to be in a retro-soul situation ala Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings, or Barrence Whitfield & the Savages, or even my buddy Eli "Paperboy" Reed & the True Loves...sure, by doing this cultish "niche" stuff he'll only get a fraction of the audience he now has; this is an area of showbiz that the Simon Cowells and the Paula Abduls of the world would not understand. But unlike Jones, Whitfield & Reed, Hicks was prominently featured on a network TV show so there's probably gonna be people who would buy his records based on that fact alone. So why not do something rawer? There's enuff Velveeta cheese on the market as it is... ***END OF SERMON***[/b]

Did you cop Taylor Hicks' album?
    Yes, got a free copy at work...

If so, how does it sound?
    It sucks! Halfway between Michael McDonald and Michael Bolton! Not a good thing!
    I kinda halfway figured he'd do something like this. Could this REALLY have been his idea? I've never heard the indie-label records he made pre-Idol can just see his future now...after two more albums, his label is gonna drop him, and then he's gonna do like Shelby Lynne and record a bluesier, back-to-the-roots, "this is who I really am, it was Simon Cowell who made me do all that horrible pop shit" album.

He's got potential, and I know it's too much to ask him to be the Roy Head of modern times, but he really needs to be in a retro-soul situation ala Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings, or Barrence Whitfield & the Savages, or even my buddy Eli "Paperboy" Reed & the True Loves...sure, by doing this cultish "niche" stuff he'll only get a fraction of the audience he now has; this is an area of showbiz that the Simon Cowells and the Paula Abduls of the world would not understand. But unlike Jones, Whitfield & Reed, Hicks was prominently featured on a network TV show so there's probably gonna be people who would buy his records based on that fact alone. So why not do something rawer? There's enuff Velveeta cheese on the market as it is... ***END OF SERMON***[/b]

Would the audience/demograph that attend these "retro-soul" concerts go out to see Taylor Hicks after his American Idol veneer has disintergrated? Or would that Scarlet Letter create doubters in that audience?
    Do you think he could assemble a "Soul" band and get "Niche"money?
    I dont see it, really. Dude seems a little square for me, but then again Alan Thicke has a crowd.

but then again Robin[/b] Thicke has a crowd.

VOTE FOR [email]SANJAYA@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/email]

Alan

Alan

ok

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    I think most people who believe that a significant enough number of people are voting for the worst contestant have it confused. When's the last time there was a popular Indian musician in America--an Indian entertainer in general, even? Of course they're voting in numbers. I would be, too.

I'm all for Indian origin entertainers gaining popularity, but only if they are truly talented. Talent trumps national origin. Sanjaya's more interested in switching up his hairstyles than proving he can sing.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

his mom is Sally Field?

you know who is supercute on the Next PussyCat Doll show? Sisley the red head.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    you know who is supercute on the Next PussyCat Doll show? Sisley the red head.

she is the main reason i don't bitch too much when my girl watches that show.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Anastasia (is that her name?) is pretty hot too. i was more of a Fisher Price and books kind of kid growing up, only now am i beginning to see the appeal of dolls.