Help with info on a few records!

oliveridooliverido 2 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Hello, new to the forum. thought id start off by asking for some help on a few records.The first on is BLACK BUTTERFLY vol 2. (Korean LP). Its got an incredible cover of Dance The Kung-Fu.The Second is a funk 45 by THE FANTASTIC COUSINS called Come Down Junkie.There are more but cant remember off the top of my head.Any help with info, history, rough valuations etc would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Hello, new to the forum. thought id start off by asking for some help on a few records.

this is like someone knoking on your door and saying hi my name is such n such and I thoght I'd come in and take a nap in your bed.

Who are you? Introduce yourself to the people here maybe offer something nice like some knowledge or humor and then once you've contributed to the site you should feel comfortable usurping folks knowledge.

BTW, hi I'm an orthodox wookie

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

The Second is a funk 45 by THE FANTASTIC COUSINS called Come Down Junkie.

Bass/organ driven uptempo funk w/ falsetto vocals about...junkies. I like the 45, personally, but have a feeling some might think it a little too unrestrained. Drums aren't super tough either.

There's another 45 on the same label by a group called the Sights & Sounds. I'm quite curious about that one.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Hello, new to the forum. thought id start off by asking for some help on a few records.

this is like someone knoking on your door and saying hi my name is such n such and I thoght I'd come in and take a nap in your bed.

Who are you? Introduce yourself to the people here maybe offer something nice like some knowledge or humor and then once you've contributed to the site you should feel comfortable usurping folks knowledge.

Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the repulican party?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The first on is BLACK BUTTERFLY vol 2. (Korean LP). Its got an incredible cover of Dance The Kung-Fu.
    The Second is a funk 45 by THE FANTASTIC COUSINS called Come Down Junkie.

There are more but cant remember off the top of my head.
    Any help with info, history, rough valuations etc would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

What's behind the name? I'm currently reading it as an acceptance of a proposal from Spanky.

• Hello, new to the forum. thought id start off by asking for some help on a few records.

OK then, i apologise for not realising there was some sort of etiquette to this board, but was that comment even really necessary. If you dont feel i deserve any help, then dont give any. Again i apologise if my question was out of line.
    Thanks to the guy who gave a bit of info, much appreciated.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i know the first volume of black butterfly has some nice psych like breaks... did not know the 2nd volume had any.

what are you doing with korean records anyway, please send them my way. thanks.

-r