The force is not even REMOTELY with you!

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
challenge Lord Vader, if you dare!www.sithsense.com

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Dude totally coudn't figure out that I was thinking of a diplodocus.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    you gotta be more general - Lord Vader does not concern himself with specifics!

Did he guess dinosaur at any point? Did the King come out and help him? That ish is hilarious!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    bow down before viral marketing!!!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Did he guess dinosaur at any point? Did the King come out and help him? That ish is hilarious!

I checked this out last week and no, he did not guess dinosaur. It's the one thing I beat him with. In his defense, he did guess griffin among other things.

That whole thing has got me FEENIN' for a Whopper though! [/roll eyes]

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I checked this out last week and no, he did not guess dinosaur. It's the one thing I beat him with. In his defense, he did guess griffin among other things.

BK has some good web advertising. I put this right up there with the Subservient Chicken... http://subservientchicken.com

An article about BK's clever advertising...

http://www.adweek.com/aw/national/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000828049

I thought I had Vader stumped with cucumber, which was easy. He had to ask me the same questions a couple times and accused me of lying.

On a side note, that is so not James Earl Jones.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    ok that was fuckin weird...it asked 20 questions and got it wrong, then asked a few more and got it wrong again. I was thinking of Habanero Pepper, but then I figured I'd be less specific and just think of a pepper. The first guess was a Daisy, next guess was Bird Seed, then it asked like 8 more questions that seemed pretty irrelevant and guessed HABANERO PEPPER! that was kinda strange.

By specifics, I think they mean something like, "My toy diplodocus that's sitting on my shelf." He guessed T-rex, Stegosaurus and a couple others before giving me a long list of dinosaurs to choose from (after about 30 questions). I think this was made for kids though, not smart-ass adults who want to trick a website.

Ok, this time I tried something simple: a pear. He still couldn't get it. My Jedi skills must be

That whole thing has got me FEENIN' for a Whopper though! [/roll eyes]

LOL!! Yeah, it's total non James Earl Jones marketing ploy, but the things he says are just hilarious:

"I have looked into the depths of your soul, and it didn't take very long!"

"Your mind is like reading a children's book" etc.

But it took him a while to get laptop computer from me. He guessed helicopter twice, and the king had to come out and knowledge him at least twice.

I only came across it cause they did a little highlight on dude who came up with the idea. There's another similar thing out there called "checkers with dostoevsky" or something like that. Not a marketing sheme though...

• i was thinking "vagina" and he guessed "womb." Close enough.
    Questions included: Is it furry?

• I was thinking of "record" and it took him like 32 tries. Dumbass...

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    I was thinking of "record" and it took him like 32 tries. Dumbass...

i was too, and i think when he asked "does it have 4 corners?" and i answered "sometimes" it threw him. cause sometimes it does have those funky 4 corners.

he didn't get it in 30 questions, but it was one of the 8 or so choices at the end, along with a sitar for some reason.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

By specifics, I think they mean something like, "My toy diplodocus that's sitting on my shelf." He guessed T-rex, Stegosaurus and a couple others before giving me a long list of dinosaurs to choose from (after about 30 questions). I think this was made for kids though, not smart-ass adults who want to trick a website.

how bout a lightsaber? is that too specific? Its honestly the only thing I could think about. He couldnt get it at all! it eventually asked me to write in the answer and vader just walked away.

damn.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Lord Vader had to ask me 20 questions to figure out it was carrot....

how bout a lightsaber? is that too specific? Its honestly the only thing I could think about. He couldnt get it at all! it eventually asked me to write in the answer and vader just walked away.

damn.

The force is strong in this one

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    took dude like 30 questions to get mine. it was a record you doofuss!!!! DUH

• slushslush 691 Posts
    im thinking blood and it took 30 questions to ask me if it was a zamboni

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    He got Dodo bird in about 25, he didn't get dictator, and it took about 25 to get telephone.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

and how fucking hilarious is it when the burger king himself comes up and whispers in darth vader's ear. it makes sense that the burger king is down with the dark side.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    But have you seen the subservient chicken come out and get stuck up by boba fett? YES I SWEAR TO GOD that happened at the end after he guessed wallet.

• here's a version that loads more quickly but does far less taunting:
    http://www.20q.net

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    I said rhino and dude got me in 20 questions... How, I have no idea. Smack-talking artificial intelligence is a little disturbing.

• wow, that was cool. it got chinchilla in 17 questions.