synth sampler repair in NYC?

major_briggsmajor_briggs 13 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Can anyone recommend a good place to get gear serviced in NYC. I need my mpc fixed for cheap.

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Rogue Music on the west side was the place I went to a couple times, it's not cheap but they'll do a professional job. You might want to check around the internets and craigslist to see if there's some private cat that can do it for less.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    Can anyone recommend a good place to get gear serviced in NYC. I need my mpc fixed for cheap.

Armens on 31st. Former Rogue Music dude. Has his own shop. Not a real personable dude (eastern europe steez) but gets the job done. Serviced two of my mpc's.

• Not a real personable dude (eastern europe steez)

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Rogue is good, but as said above, expensive, so proceed with caution. Armands, which i believe is in the same building as Rogue is supposed to be really good too. The studio I used to work at has used a spot called Double Take, guy seemed really cool, but I'm not sure of his prices. Its in the 30's on Broadway I believe, dudes got tons of keyboards and MPC's lying about, I'd give him a call...

• thanks everyone for the help. I will check these other dudes. Rogue is very nice . I am just way too broke to afford Rogue right now, that is why I asked.

I dropped it. It might be pricey...