Drug Companies can eat a dick

DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
$181.99 for 12 DAYS[/b] supply for my daughter's respiratory medication.Fuck them, seriously.

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    you trust your ped? my friend and i were just talking about how one of her dad's partners prescribes according to the kickbacks he gets (incidently he wants to fire him).

unfortunatly this is common among alot of docs.

if this happens alot, you may wanna get a second opinon.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    This is a situation where the insurance doesn't cover this particular brand of medicine. I'll be on the phone to the doctor tomorrow to get him to switch to one which is covered.
    But what makes me mad is the price of the medicine - we just worked it out that it would cost $15 a day.
    So once again, fuck drug companies and their billion dollar profits.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    buy that shit in mexico.... you can get good stuff [Ventolin] rather than Albuterol on the cheapness.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Tell me about it.
    I'm on Vytorin & Coreg and the shit's outta hand.
    The markup & profit margin is simply despicable.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    $181.99 for 12 DAYS[/b] supply for my daughter's respiratory medication.
    Fuck them, seriously.

Fuck Drug Companies.

Actually, Albuterol is only $21.99 per case - that I can handle.
    This other stuff, Xopenex is $90 per case, with less ampules than Albuterol too.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    paging coselmed

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    $181.99 for 12 DAYS[/b] supply for my daughter's respiratory medication.
    Fuck them, seriously.

That's terrible. thank god I live in the UK.

The NHS is

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    An old roommate of mine worked for a drug company. They used to charge something like $5,000 for a bottle of their pills because that's the maximum the law allowed them to charge. The law changed and they jacked up their price to something like $50,000 a bottle. This was some medication to prevent somethings like sudden death infant syndrome.

I understand the need to make money - after all it funds further research into better and more effective medication. But you have to draw the line when the profit margins are so ridiculously high. $600/month for respitory medication for my 4 month old... WTF am I supposed to do? Not give it to her and watch her die? These companies prey on this fact and it sickens me, especially when their CEOs are walking away with huge yearly bonuses and the companies are posting record profits.

Fuck drug companies.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

A good book for those that want to know just how evil they (pharma) really are

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    I think they're also the major reason why it's the 21st fucking century and weed is STILL treated like some sort of demon plant in many parts of the country

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Fuck drug companies.

Natural Cures are the move

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Fuck drug companies.

...but Kevin Trudeau is most certainly not.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    you trust your ped? my friend and i were just talking about how one of her dad's partners prescribes according to the kickbacks he gets (incidently he wants to fire him).

unfortunatly this is common among alot of docs.

my sister is a family pracitce doctor and she gets swamped with mail from pharmacutical companies basically trying to push her to push their product.

It all ends up in the recycle bin

on the other side of the coin she is sick of hearing people come into the (free) clinic where she works asking for the medicatio they saw in a commercial the other night.

straight up pushermen