UNK - "2 Step"

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
WTF! LOL! Did this fool really say "Now gettin' jiggy wit it, now gettin' jiggy wit it." on the chorus? COMEDY! This fool does know it is 2007 right? What part of the A-Town is this guy from?Faux Rillz, Plaese to explain.........

Comments

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    WTF! LOL! Did this fool really say "Now gettin' jiggy wit it, now gettin' jiggy wit it." on the chorus? COMEDY! This fool does know it is 2007 right? What part of the A-Town is this guy from?

Faux Rillz, Plaese to explain.........

Yeah but they were too young for the last jiggy era.

That was 10 years ago.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Did you just ignore how insane that beat is though??

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    buncha big booty girls rushed the floor to this on cue tonight.
    look out!

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    WTF! LOL! Did this fool really say "Now gettin' jiggy wit it, now gettin' jiggy wit it." on the chorus? COMEDY! This fool does know it is 2007 right? What part of the A-Town is this guy from?

That was 10 years ago.

Thats so funny and so true.

kind of off topic but tonight I got the ever annoying "can you play some hip hop? " while playing Guru only to be asked AGAIN by the same dude 2 minutes later while I was throwing on 'kick in the door'

I'm like This is Biggie!!!

Wtf!!! I told you before I only brought Hip Hop tonight.

And he is like Oh YEAH!! BIGGIE! THATS OLD SCHOOL.

I didnt know whether to feel old or just be irked, I guess a bit of both.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

That was 10 years ago.

Thats so funny and so true.

kind of off topic but tonight I got the ever annoying "can you play some hip hop? " while playing Guru only to be asked AGAIN by the same dude 2 minutes later while I was throwing on 'kick in the door'

I'm like This is Biggie!!!

Wtf!!! I told you before I only brought Hip Hop tonight.

And he is like Oh YEAH!! BIGGIE! THATS OLD SCHOOL.

I didnt know whether to feel old or just be irked, I guess a bit of both.

Biggie is old school. He died 10 years ago. You were playing solo guru cuts in the club? I would have been bugging you for some hip hop too.

I kinda like the UNK song. Better than fucking mimms anyway.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Old school isnt the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Biggie. I would describe that sound as the "classic" or golden era before old school. To me 10 years doesnt even make it vintage, But to each his own I guess. Dude just wanted to hear radio tracks which I can understand but the DJ that I was playing before does play Electro and Old school so I imagine that guy never got the satisfaction he was looking for last night anyways. I started the night with downtempo and instro's so the guru track was loungin'. The first time he asked for Hip Hop I played Goodie Mob's Dirty South remix followed by digable and eventually biggie. Again, I just think he wanted to hear current radio jams, which neither me or my partner brought last night. Oh well.

• I kinda like the UNK song. Better than fucking mimms anyway.

I'd take the MIMS joint, more specifically the remix. 2step and MIMS gets about the same reaction out though. It's the same song as Walk it Out just with different lyrics, that's the UNK recipe.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    It's the same song as Walk it Out just with different lyrics, that's the UNK recipe.

UNK's lyrics generally stick to the same formula but the production & feel of that song is entirely different than Walk it Out, IMO (which they're still playing here all the time, 2 Step is not yet on the radio which is odd)

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    It's the same song as Walk it Out just with different lyrics, that's the UNK recipe.

UNK's lyrics generally stick to the same formula but the production & feel of that song is entirely different than Walk it Out, IMO (which they're still playing here all the time, 2 Step is not yet on the radio which is odd)

Right, dudes are acting like they just noticed that it's not really about the lyrics with UNK.

IT'S OWN ONCE AGAIN
    PATRON ONCE AGAIN

• It's the same song as Walk it Out just with different lyrics, that's the UNK recipe.

I think the production and feel is the same. It's jam of the week on MTVJams and so is Swissy Beats song. Two jams of the week?