CHICK FLICKS [moviestrut related]

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
i like chick flicks. and now that i have one of them netflix type dealies, i can rent without ridicule from clerks or customers. drop bombs girly-boys! i like em rill sick and foofie...the notebooklost in translationbeeeeachesum, i'll think of somemore

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    my girl hates[/b] any romantic comedies.

which is typically a good thing, except i kinda want to see this

and she is kinda

just call me:
    boy named sue.
    sally that girl.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    The only movie that ever did the "romantic comedy" genre justice.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

lost in translation

I didn't think that was too much of a flick chick. As a girl, I do have to say Scarlett Johannson is the hottest girl on this planet.
    With or without makeup.

(sorry for jacking this thread a bit, shig)

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Dude was funny in the 40 year old virgin. I'd see it.

His "grandma" bit was great.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

lost in translation

I didn't think that was too much of a flick chick. As a girl, I do have to say Scarlett Johannson is the hottest girl on this planet.
    With or without makeup.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

beeeeaches

That scene when Nina was visiting CiCi at the beach to recuperate and they start playing Wind Beneath My Wings always gets me going.

I'm not a big romantic comedy fan, but Pretty Woman is one of my all-time favorite movies.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Pretty Woman is one of my all-time favorite movies.

co sign!

"Big Mistake! Biiiiig Mistake!"

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts

I saw this a couple of days ago just the hell of it. Admittedly, I was curious as to how it used that Bill Conti soundtrack you always see in the dollar bins, especially the Dusty Fingers tune with the upright bass that plays when she throws her cheating ex-husband's stuff away. It actually was a decent flick. Great acting.

Outdated, but worth it for Mamie Van Doren strutting her stuff and the Platters singing "Wish It Were Me" alone. There's also Paul Anka and Mel Torme, if it matters.

Not available on DVD, though. The movie is a serious one about abortion so I don't know why this hillarious scene was chosen for the poster.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

co sign!

i guess i gotta give up my chick membership card - this movie makes me want to punch something.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

co sign!

i guess i gotta give up my chick membership card - this movie makes me want to punch something.

bassie,

I do have to say that Chappelle's skit of it was hilarious! Mos def.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    The Bridges Of Madison County

my girl hates[/b] any romantic comedies.

I???m with her???though Moonstruck was on the other night and I watched it without feeling insulted or sick to my stomach or screaming at the TV.

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    Yeah Knocked Up looks great - so many people from Freaks and Geeks, and Undeclared, which are both required viewing.

And please to post more pics of Scarlet Johansen.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

And please to post more pics of Scarlet Johansen.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I really hate the term chick flick, but I'll use this thread to big-up writer/director Nicole Holofcener who has consistently tweaked the "genre" while working within it's general parameters. She's got three equally good films under her belt: Walking and Talking, Lovely & Amazing, and Friends With Money. On top of that, she's contributed a ton to TV shows like Sex in the City, Gilmore Girls, Six Feet Under, although I confess I'm not that familiar with these shows.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

co sign!

"Big Mistake! Biiiiig Mistake!"

NO.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    beeeeaches
    lost in translation

Bette Midler interviewing Scarlett Johanson.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

lost in translation

With or without makeup.

NO.

I started a thread about a year ago about the strange phenomenon of all the girls I know feeling no compunction at all about admitting to wanting to dyke out with:

1. Scarlett Johanssen

2. Angelina Jolie

There is a consensus among females about these two that seemingly does not even exist among males about any girl.

I really hate the term chick flick, but I'll use this thread to big-up writer/director Nicole Holofcener who has consistently tweaked the "genre" while working within it's general parameters. She's got three equally good films under her belt: Walking and Talking, Lovely & Amazing, and Friends With Money. On top of that, she's contributed a ton to TV shows like Sex in the City, Gilmore Girls, Six Feet Under, although I confess I'm not that familiar with these shows.

i really liked Lovely and Amazing and never thought of it as a chick flick. funny she worked on those shows, i can't stand any of them.

yea the term is limiting.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I think the only movie that qualifies as a Chick Flick that I've even watched all the way thru was "When Harry Met Sally", which I enjoyed at the time.

Oh yeah, and I had to sit thru "You Got Mail" on a plane once. How did Dave Chappelle get roped into that one?

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts

one of my favorite movies!

Mrs. Robinson: Benjamin.
    Benjamin: Yes?
    Mrs. Robinson: Isn't there something you want to tell me?
    Benjamin: Tell you?
    Mrs. Robinson: Yes.
    Benjamin: Well, I want you to know how much I appreciate this. Really.
    Mrs. Robinson: The number.
    Benjamin: What?
    Mrs. Robinson: The room number, Benjamin. I think you ought to tell me that.
    Benjamin: Oh, you're absolutely right. It's 568.
    Mrs. Robinson: Thank you.
    Benjamin: You're welcome. Well... I'll see you later, Mrs. Robinson.

• i like chick flicks. and now that i have one of them netflix type dealies, i can rent without ridicule from clerks or customers. drop bombs girly-boys! i like em rill sick and foofie...

the notebook
    lost in translation
    beeeeaches

um, i'll think of somemore

i didn't realize you already had a topic about this. that was dope how in the car you were totally playing off the chick flick thing. laughing, "haha m***e loves brigitte jones diary? i can't believe it..." and then asking me what movies m***a likes and pretending like you are in total shock but secretly taking notes. m***a really liked devil wears prada but she likes meryl streep a lot. seriously when she comes back from serbia this weekend you should grill her for chick flicks, she's definitely got a soft spot for them.

• I do have to say Scarlett Johannson is the hottest girl on this planet.
    With or without makeup.

I second THAT emotion..