Hilarious Pernod promotional 45

m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
I was over at a friend's house the other day, and he had this crazy Pernod 45 that he let me record so I could share it with you all. The music is best described as whitebread Barry White fonk and the Pernod-praising lyrics are totally over the top. I find it quite funny. The sound quality is a bit crusty as the 45 was not in the best condition, but you'll get the picture.Liquorice - "It's Gonna Turn You On"Forgive me if this is already a well known track from a "Josh'n'Luke" mix or whatever. Feel free to post similar stuff. Break out the flexidiscs. I love this sort of thing.Pernod, whoawhoawhoa Pernod.Spicy, icy cold, yeeaahIT'S GONNA TURN YOU ON!!

Comments

• Nice post my friend. I dont know this one... Its not danish is it?

I guess you know the Oase kaffe / Balentines 45 feat. Sahib Shihab, right?

I also have a flexi with Finn Mickelborgs Orkester feat. Palle Mikkelborg and Bente Clod on vocals which is pretty good. The sound is terrible though but the pic sleeve is nice. By the way its made for Ergee socks.

Now you know,

Dress

• I like. more of the same please.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I guess you know the Oase kaffe / Balentines 45 feat. Sahib Shihab, right?

Yeah, the "Hully Gully" 45. I don't have it myself, but I remember it as being pretty good. I'd like to hear that Mikkelborg/Clod track. No possibility of audio?

Crippled Dick put out 2 comps of German ad flexidisc stuff called "Popshopping" that were pretty good.
    I recall Scope posting a track a while ago from a farmaceutical 45 that was real nice.

• Im leaving on monday but I will try to hook you up with a mp3 when Im back again.

Dress