CD labels? Who makes the best?

NoSchoolRulesNoSchoolRules 1 Post
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
I???m planning on doing a small run of cd???s but I still want them to look professional. The kind I was using in the past f**ked up the cd???s themselves because they didn???t stick well and wound up pulling info off the surface. Even using a magic marker was better than those, but I want these to look good???Anyone have any recommendations for labels or another way of going about it?Thanks!

Comments

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Yeah, those paper sticker labels are no good.

I'm thinking about picking up one of these. If the quality of the print is decent, it would be well worth the $100ish over time. I've read that, with ink consumption (they use "ribbons" I think), it ends up costing about 40 cents per disc. I'd just like to get a better idea of exactly what I can print on the disc, quality of images etc.

Does anyone have experience with consumer level disc label printers?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I owned the above CW100 & the Primera Z1.
    They are the best within the low budget models (in fact they're pretty much the same & use same ribbons).
    Images don't print too well, text pretty damn good, waterproof, can't scratch it off, but both use ALOT of ribbon. Cost per kinda sucks but you can purchase 3-packs from Staples.
    For very small runs or just the odd labeling they're great; but for anything more than say a run of 20 I would suggest getting the CD duped/printed locally.

Luckily I was able to get an amazing deal on an Inscripta last year and basically traded those two in for it.