totally boring NRR post to read (PhotoshopCSR)

high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
So uh Photoshop CS... wait it is CS right? Well, my employer stocks the breakroom with oatmeal chocolate chunk bars but won't hook it up with anything that costs more than $1.49 a unit.. so I gots photoshop 6 still.my question... that convert bitmap to vector image feature - how good is it? better than that flash trace bitmap shite? can some post a before and after? trades and cash waiting? yes?thanks!c

Comments

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i haven't upgraded since photoshop 7....what am i missing?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    i haven't upgraded since photoshop 7....what am i missing?

a foreskin?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I just checked and I'm running 7.0 as well. But everywhere I work has CS and it's pretty bloated crap. Don't use vector so I can't comment. Got Illllllustrator PC if needed.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I happen to love the whole Creative Suite of Adobe products. The Raw plugin for digital camera is the best evar. Save that vector shit for a street racer web site.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    I happen to love the whole Creative Suite of Adobe products. The Raw plugin for digital camera is the best evar. Save that vector shit for a street racer web site.

you aint gotta call me out. so I designed myhondavtech.azn ...so what?

thanks for all your "help."

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

my question... that convert bitmap to vector image feature - how good is it? better than that flash trace bitmap shite?

You're thinking of Live Trace in Illustrator CS2. And yes, it's pretty dope.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Quickly and accurately convert photos, scans, or other bitmap images to editable and scalable vector paths with the Live Trace feature.

http://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator/pop_livetrace.html

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    chad - you need CS2...but I think the entire CS3 is coming out shortly (is it out yet?)

The plus side to using Photoshop CS2+ is the more flexible layer support. The ability to select multiple layers is something I would think they would have implemented years and years ago. All the vector support is great. I cannot understand this anti-vector stance. I understand the improper use resulting in really bad/lazy illustrations, but you dudes must not use small type.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    PS: before and after:

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I'm currently at work trying to work the GIMP It's strange, but hey it's free.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

Quickly and accurately convert photos, scans, or other bitmap images to editable and scalable vector paths with the Live Trace feature.

http://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator/pop_livetrace.html

oh shat, thanks.

any pirates out there that wanna str8 violate and give me free shit?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    cs3 is coming out in a month.

this time i may actually be able to afford a legit copy.