Herb Alpert reissues!

DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Yes its true. from today's Washington Post: "After more than a decade out of print, Alpert's best-selling TJB works from the 1960s are being reissued by Shout! Factory, a small Los Angeles-based label. A complicated publishing deal tied up the rerelease until last month, when the Alpert-approved series began with "The Lonely Bull," the TJB's 1962 debut, as well as "South of the Border" (1964) and a collection of unreleased and obscure recordings (some with new Alpert trumpet parts) from 1963-74 called "Lost Treasures." Eight more remastered originals will follow throughout the year."full article (and a good one I must say): http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28538-2005Apr5.htmlEven if you have the originals (and I know all of y'all do!) you'll need these.

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Thank God!

Someone is finally using their brain!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I don't know which blew my mind more:

-He wrote "Wonderful World" by Sam Cooke
    -He's Jewish/Hungarian (should've known, too thematic!)
    -That Whipped Cream chick is now 65.

REEDACKULOUS!

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    But are they being released with both mono and stereo mixes? That is the key.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    FINALLY!!!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Wow! Great news. I hope they reissue this, Nice cover and I NEVER see this one when I'm out diggin'

• We should do another Soul Strut Beat-Off using only
    a collection of unreleased and obscure recordings

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

-He's Jewish/Hungarian (should've known, too thematic!)

REEDACKULOUS!

That is funny. My grandparents were Hungarian Jews and thought Herb was the bee's knees. Maybe this explains things.