Introduction and question...

RawBRawB 67 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
What up. My name is rob aka DJ Raw B. B-Cause and Gnat put me up on this site awhile back...looks informative. Anyway...I started selling a lot of my collection on ebay and I've been getting some weird emails. I figured someone here might be able to help. I keep getting emails from ebay saying I haven't paid for so and so item. Only problem is I haven't bought anything on ebay in over a year. Is this some kind of scam? I've also been getting spam from some dude in China asking me to be an investor blah, blah. I'm not too savvy with ebay. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    some kind of scam

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    It's a scam man... avoid all those things like the plague, if you want to confirm things then log into your ebay account. All official e-mails from them will be in your Messages folder...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I've also been getting spam from some dude in China asking me to be an investor blah, blah.

MAD INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN CHINA RIGHT NOW.

• Rob,

Invest as soon as possible. China is opening up and this is a huge opportunity for you. Don't let it pass you by!

(It's Ross--what's up, dude? This board could use your sense of humor.)

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I keep getting emails from ebay saying I haven't paid for so and so item. Only problem is I haven't bought anything on ebay in over a year.

DENIAL WON'T HELP YOU

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    yo! whatup, rob. it's authentic. i did a set on your show a few years back with neta and rosstopher hoggling. glad to see you on here.

all those messges are fakes. phishing type shit.

• RawBRawB 67 Posts
    What up Hoggy! Thanks for the advice. I've got another question while I'm at it...

I recently sold a record to some dude in Cananda and ebay charged him $16 for the shipping...yet it only cost me $4 to airmail it. I've told dude I would refund him the difference. Is there a way to avoid this overpricing for shipping?

• RawBRawB 67 Posts
    Hey Authentic. I remember you. How's it going?

"DENIAL WON'T HELP YOU"

WTF is this guy talking about...

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Hi Rob!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    What up, Rob? I still bump the shit out of that Golden-Aged Crates mix of yours.

• RawBRawB 67 Posts
    Damn! This site should be called BayStrut. Is this where all of you have been hiding? What up folks!

Anna...do you still live in the Area?
    Enki...need you to come do a guest spot on Beatsauce soon.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    whatup Rob? I saw Winnie getting dumb at Dalva the other nite with Toph providing theme music..

indeed it's like Baystrut in here. like my earthquake thrad last week.

fuck a fony fishing scam homes.

• RawBRawB 67 Posts
    Good to meet you Rootlesscosmo. I've yet to see Winnie B. in 2007. Tell him I said "What's Up" next time you see him.

Good to meet you Rootlesscosmo.

I will reveal my true identity in time.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    Good to meet you Rootlesscosmo.

I will reveal my true identity in time.

jay manuel vs. ms. jaye vs. strangay

three-way tie.

yes homo.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Damn! This site should be called BayStrut. Is this where all of you have been hiding? What up folks!

Anna...do you still live in the Area?
    Enki...need you to come do a guest spot on Beatsauce soon.

Sup Rob - Oliver/O-Dub here. Welcome to the party.

• RawBRawB 67 Posts
    Peace O-Dub. Is this your site? Feels like an old Bay Area Hip-Hop Coalition meeting on this messaging board.

Beni B has yet to sign in.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    What up. My name is rob aka DJ Raw B. B-Cause and Gnat put me up on this site awhile back...looks informative.

Anyway...I started selling a lot of my collection on ebay and I've been getting some weird emails. I figured someone here might be able to help. I keep getting emails from ebay saying I haven't paid for so and so item. Only problem is I haven't bought anything on ebay in over a year. Is this some kind of scam? I've also been getting spam from some dude in China asking me to be an investor blah, blah. I'm not too savvy with ebay. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

All scamalotus. Pry fo leem lums and eBay own mails. Check there, no open your own e-mail from fakorious from eBay yes? Layer graphic und spyware inst kwang ip number or thereabouts. Then get more scamalotus a/k/a spamalotus.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Peace O-Dub. Is this your site? Feels like an old Bay Area Hip-Hop Coalition meeting on this messaging board.

Naw. My "site" is Soul-Sides.com. Soul Strut = whole 'nother entity.

But *laugh* all we need is Davey, Beni and Kevvy to pop up. Where's Winnie B at?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    OOOOOoooooohhhHHHHHH!!! Cananda!!!!!!!!!!!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

"DENIAL WON'T HELP YOU"

WTF is this guy talking about...

LOL! JLR is

"MAD INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN CHINA RIGHT NOW" Comedy mayne!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Beni B has yet to sign in.

and its not a true BAHHC meeting unless sadiki, davy and kev are snappin on each other.

ahhh... the good ol days

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Welcome RawB. Definitely a large Bay contingency here. Champagne is jokes all day--good poster, good people. Anyway, glad to have another person I've actually met out in the real world find the Strut. See you around.
    ~gNAT

• and its not a true BAHHC meeting unless sadiki, davy and kev are snappin on Justin[/b]

The Eddie Munster of Hip-Hop!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Naw. My "site" is Soul-Sides.com. Soul Strut = whole 'nother entity.

But *laugh* all we need is Davey, Beni and Kevvy to pop up.

Beni will NEVER pop up. Trust me on that one.

• RawBRawB 67 Posts
    What up Gnat! B-Cause was saying you guys raised some good money for Habitat for Humanity. Congrats.

O-Dub. Sorry for the confusion. Winnie B. is doing his thing. Just haven't had a chance to catch up with him yet this year.

Another stupid ebay question for you guys. I got a question from a buyer asking if "I would consider Best Matt"? What is this guy trying to ask me? I realize these questions are probably stupid, but like I said I'm still a novice at selling shit on ebay, hence the reason I'm asking this site for help. Thanks for your patience. Later.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    We raised $500 and change that night at Madrone and about $2200 from sales of the record. Ultimately I would have liked to have raised more but at least the project was financially solvent in that it turned a profit. If I were to do it again, I would have the album prepared in advance so as to hit people up when their wallets were more open, so to speak. I've thought about it alot and would consider doing the project again--but we would have the album done in advance so we could go to presses in the immediate wake of some sort of charity-necessary event.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    We raised $500 and change that night at Madrone and about $2200 from sales of the record. Ultimately I would have liked to have raised more but at least the project was financially solvent in that it turned a profit. If I were to do it again, I would have the album prepared in advance so as to hit people up when their wallets were more open, so to speak. I've thought about it alot and would consider doing the project again--but we would have the album done in advance so we could go to presses in the immediate wake of some sort of charity-necessary event.

dude I emailed you about this a long while back and got :shirp:

The CD needs to be released as double vinyl. The front and back cover are done, inside gatefold can be a strut collage.

DO IT.