STEAK FUJITA [aka I WAS JUST IN NYC]

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
first off, sorry cosmo. i was real hungover the following day and pretty much just putzed around the pad. next time tho, i swear! rockwell, i was in a state u were at the following day.drez, dude, i woulda called but i was with company and i figured u werent down for some karaOKAY. but dude, there's this spot in jackson heights that does CANTAoke, it seemed kinda interesting...i promise to call next time.anyways, food was great, there were a couple of sunny fairweather days and that was awesome. wtf is up with mexican food tho? if it aint chinese run serving up steak fujitas, then its some sort of chipotle aioli foie gras tostada with a fontina of goat cheese taqueria. ta loca! i spent one day at the worlds biggest frat party aka MANHATTAN and that was enough. anyways, BROOKLYN KEEPS ON MAKIN IT!

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i spent one day at the worlds biggest frat party aka MANHATTAN and that was enough.
    if you go above 110th it's a different kind of party.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i'll have to remember that. wussup last friday tho. i wore a lite sweater all day! wheeeeeeeeee!

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    wtf is up with mexican food tho? if it aint chinese run serving up steak fujitas,
    the chinese food spots makin' mexican food is big in ny. i call it "chex-mex". good mexican is VERY tough to find in ny but i know a couple decent spots.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Shig we missed you terribly.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    http://www.nycnosh.com/?p=165

it's good for NYC, but then again, is it LA good? That's hard to say.....

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    shig you gotta put me up on a list of food joints to check out

in LA?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    oops, i meant in NY. i trust your stomach

man, honestly i dont remember much of the names. but i gotta say that ny really does the european stuff right. its really good, and not too spensy in relation to to everything else. this spot in a alley in i think east village was really good.

anyways, i can tell u the neighborhoods with good foods.

theres a malaysian chain in chinatown and sunset park that i really like. myanmar or something. but im sure the pan-asian stuffs is far superior in hawaii. honestly west coast does the asian ting better, but only because the produce is usually much fresher n stuff. the flavors are good in nyc, but yeah, u cant go wrong with the veggie game in califoofoo.

gorilla coffee in park slope is a mighty fine cup of coffee. mighty fine.

though its kinda depressing looking, i really like the jackson heights neighborhood cuz they got a variety of ethnic foods there. indian, ecuadorian, some pretty authentic looking taquerias, thai, korean. i heard theres a prize winning halal truck at the train stop but i didnt see it.

fort greene has some really great looking polish food. but there's a lot of delis and i was intimidated. though i did have a potato dumpling type thing there that was like the size of a large snowball. it was very nice!

um, other than that, i couldnt really say. oh, a nice french place i went to in carrol gardens.

but yeah, LA is my town. and im sure every new yorker could school me on the REAL SCHITT.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    man, honestly i dont remember much of the names. but i gotta say that ny really does the european stuff right. its really good, and not too spensy in relation to to everything else. this spot in a alley in i think east village was really good.

anyways, i can tell u the neighborhoods with good foods.

theres a malaysian chain in chinatown and sunset park that i really like. myanmar or something. but im sure the pan-asian stuffs is far superior in hawaii. honestly west coast does the asian ting better, but only because the produce is usually much fresher n stuff. the flavors are good in nyc, but yeah, u cant go wrong with the veggie game in califoofoo.

gorilla coffee in park slope is a mighty fine cup of coffee. mighty fine.

though its kinda depressing looking, i really like the jackson heights neighborhood cuz they got a variety of ethnic foods there. indian, ecuadorian, some pretty authentic looking taquerias, thai, korean. i heard theres a prize winning halal truck at the train stop but i didnt see it.

fort greene has some really great looking polish food. but there's a lot of delis and i was intimidated. though i did have a potato dumpling type thing there that was like the size of a large snowball. it was very nice!

um, other than that, i couldnt really say. oh, a nice french place i went to in carrol gardens.

but yeah, LA is my town. and im sure every new yorker could school me on the REAL SCHITT.

You mean Greenpoint, that place is #1 for beer and maybe dumplings. Fort Greene is the other side of Wburg and used to be all about patties but now it'll be Afrench or something.

Glad you got the real Indian and not that E6th St crap

yup, thats the one. more sausage than a soulstrut thread!

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    the stereotype that you can't get good mexican food in nyc died about 5 years ago...

there are tons and tons of mexicans living here now, in a way there wasn't 15 years ago... and they all want some home cooking...

i could take you to some joints in queens where if you don't speak spanish, you're gonna have trouble getting served...

now, if you want a SoCal burrito, you're gonna be disapointed... but, a pig ear or goat taco, no problem...