WTF!?!?!?(Goodwill smoking crack related)

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Im sure this has been covered but the ridiculousness of it made me wanna share.I was just at a Goodwill in CT. I was looking at the records and saw a Jim Nabors record priced at 17.99. I, of course was saying "WTF!?!?" I looked closer and saw an ebay print out taped to the jacket. It wasnt a completed auction, just someone's ebay "Buy it Now" listing. Not only are they basing prices on ebay now, but they are basing them on insane people's ebay listings. Flipped through some more...Lou Rawls for 19.99, New Christie Minstrels for 11.99...all with insane folk's ebay listings taped to the cover. Good God.

Comments

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    Time to go to the Salvation Army/mom and pop thrift shop. At least their prices are sane by comparison.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Im sure this has been covered but the ridiculousness of it made me wanna share.

I was just at a Goodwill in CT. I was looking at the records and saw a Jim Nabors record priced at 17.99. I, of course was saying "WTF!?!?" I looked closer and saw an ebay print out taped to the jacket. It wasnt a completed auction, just someone's ebay "Buy it Now" listing. Not only are they basing prices on ebay now, but they are basing them on insane people's ebay listings. Flipped through some more...Lou Rawls for 19.99, New Christie Minstrels for 11.99...all with insane folk's ebay listings taped to the cover. Good God.

lol

walk in their w/ a laptop and show them how their price is full a shit via gemm, completed ebay listings etc.. that is, of course, if you're after that jim nabors rekkid

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Time to go to the Salvation Army/mom and pop thrift shop. At least their prices are sane by comparison.

It's the opposite here in DC. Salvo's are crazy with actually stickering shit, and Goodwill's still reasonable (when you can find one). Salvation Army I still check tries to set up it's stereo equipment like it's Best Buy or some shit. $60 for a crappy 80s tuner? I don't think so....

YOU GET THIS SHIT FOR FREE! IT'S A THRIFT STORE!!!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

I was just at a Goodwill in CT. I was looking at the records and saw a Jim Nabors record priced at 17.99. I, of course was saying "WTF!?!?" I looked closer and saw an ebay print out taped to the jacket. It wasnt a completed auction, just someone's ebay "Buy it Now" listing. Not only are they basing prices on ebay now, but they are basing them on insane people's ebay listings. Flipped through some more...Lou Rawls for 19.99, New Christie Minstrels for 11.99...all with insane folk's ebay listings taped to the cover. Good God.

that's insane. i thought $3.99 was bad when i went to the salvation army the other day

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

oh man... that made me angry just reading that. Just visualizing Jim's big busted ass grill with a double digit price tag... infuriating. Reminds of this one local antique shop. Pain.

so I take it the diggin hasn't been so hot up in that neck of the woods?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    It's All Part Of The Game.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Here is how this happens:

Some I.T./white collar dude gets busted for DUI or stalking or something like that and gets "community service" as part of thier Plea Agreement.

They get signed up to work at a Goodwill, ARC or Salvation Army and they decide, rather than do any real work, that they can "improve the bottom line" at the thrift by pricing stuff crazily according to EBAY prices.

The stuff sits for a few weeks after said dudes Community Service time is up and then someone with half an ounce of sense comes along and pulls it out of the DiplayCase as sticks it back into the dollarbin where it belongs.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

walk in their w/ a laptop and show them how their price is full a shit via gemm, completed ebay listings etc.. that is, of course, if you're after that jim nabors rekkid

those hyenas dont listen to reason. dont even try.

and :cosign : on the redicliously priced stereo equiptment. Theres an 80s pioneer reciever in town at the Goodwill for 149.99 i kid you knot.