Just for the hell of it

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
I wish I had a time machine to go back to when this album first dropped and peep the reaction of Real Headz listening to Prodigy drop this intro. Were they thinking:A) "Daaaaaaymn - Real Talk???!!!"B) "Wait a minute, isn't this Mobb Deep, aka those "Hit 'Em From The Back" kids? WTF?"C) "What's wrong with that crazy space shit? I like crazy space rapping that makes no sense!

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I wish I had a time machine to go back to when this album first dropped and peep the reaction of Real Headz listening to Prodigy drop this intro.

I mean, you were around. Did you not know know any Real Headz at the time?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Real Noise Band Headz?

I wish I had a time machine to go back to when this album first dropped and peep the reaction of Real Headz listening to Prodigy drop this intro.

My reaction was #2. It just seemed like a weird flip around from a group that seemed to have more in common with Juvenile Committee and Da Youngstaz to suddenly thug it out hard. But I also wasn't in NYC so I've always been curious what local reaction was, especially since "The Infamous" has become so celebrated (and rightfully so).

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

My reaction was #2. It just seemed like a weird flip around from a group that seemed to have more in common with Juvenile Committee and Da Youngstaz to suddenly thug it out hard. But I also wasn't in NYC so I've always been curious what local reaction was, especially since "The Infamous" has become so celebrated (and rightfully so).

Ah. Real Headz = NYC only? Probably so, son.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    It just seemed like a weird flip around from a group that seemed to have more in common with Juvenile Committee and Da Youngstaz to suddenly thug it out hard.

right. hence the over-the-top protestations e.g. "no we ARE hard. please do not get us confused with those that are NOT hard. that is not us. we, on the contrary, ARE hard. please believe us."

ultimately the album was a heatrock and I still listen to it regularly to this day so it doesn't really matter.

most album intros are garbage anyway. highly skippable.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    highly skippable.

are you talking about this intro specifically? this is a classic

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    OK it has its place, but you really sit through this everytime you listen to the album? for me it's like shark biters; I listen to it every tenth time I listen to the album maybe.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    hahahahaha... i was playing this intro aloud and my friend asks, "are you watching the wire?"

OK it has its place, but you really sit through this everytime you listen to the album? for me it's like shark biters; I listen to it every tenth time I listen to the album maybe.

Dude. Next you're going to tell us you skip the "Where My Killa Tape At?" skit too.

Pffffffff...

Do you even like hip-hop?