Khan Jamal - Infinity on CD

YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
I've been trying to get a mint copy of Khan Jamal's "Infinity" on vinyl (Stash Records ST-278 - or is this already a re-release?) or a CD version of it for a while to replace a rather muffled The Known Unknown that I had on a bootleg compilation. A few months ago I realised that Amazon listed a supposedly 2001 CD re-issue on "Jambrio" but did not have any available. I put in a pre-order offer in case one would become available and just when the three months period was about to expire I received a notification that marketplace dealer Caiman has one matching my price.What I received in a shrink wrapped jewel case was a CD-R with a home-made label sticker repeating the front cover. The cover itself is a ink-jet printed or photo-copied b/w job, hand folded with two reviews from Down Beat Magazine and WBGO on the inside. To top it off, the credits include "Glen Hamrick: MP3 & Internet, CD Digital Mastering"I have never seen another copy of that Jambrio re-issue. Was this some home made artist direct thingy or has Amazon / Caiman shipped a really dodgy bootleg?[/b]When was the original vinyl released? I always thought 1982 but the CD says recorded December 7, 1982, except "Infinity" March 14, 1984.

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    hey Yemsky, yeah I've seen that cd that you speak of. A used copy came into my work awhile back and it just looked like a straight up dodgy bootleg. Theres a copy of the vinyl right now on ebay, its VG though...

do you have the "drumdance to the motherland" reissue yet? great stuff