Breakfast in London - help

YemskyYemsky 709 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Promised to take a friend out for breakfast on Sunday morning at 8:30 in Central London and it has to be over by 10AM as she has to catch a plane home to California. Should be something really nice as she needs to get lifted after just dumping her boyfriend. I am wrecking my brain where to go... this place sleeps until lunch time.1. No Sturbucks-like muffin shit2. Has to be child friendly, i.e. not smokey, as my 2 1/2 year old daughter will be with me.3. She's vegetarian Hindu (friend, not daughter...)Just over seven hours to go.... any recommendations?Soulstrut never sleeps!!!

Comments

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Ok may have missed this but Paul boulangerie on Bedford Street (Coventy garden) is nice for brekkie but starts at 9am. Try Cafe Italia in Soho for a genuinely interesting breakfast crowd.

I think what you really need is a Giraffe cafe - there's one in Blandford Street, W1. Perfect for veggies, kids and early birds.

• YemskyYemsky 709 Posts
    Giraffe also was my idea in the end, but they don't seem to open until later on Sunday's - at least the one in Marylebone. Standing in front of that closed establishment, I remembered that at the end of the high street you have Eat + Two Vegs, which would have been ideal... but turned out to be a late starter as well.
    Across the road, Le Pain Quotidien was already heaving but I remember having been there only once and deciding to never go back (service + price problem).
    We ended up in an unlikely place: The Orrery Epicerie which, I believe, had accidentially left the door unlocked while setting up shop. Excellent food (both meat and veg) and the whole place to ourselve for almost an hour as no-one expected it to be open so early.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Yeah, early morning London doesn't really happen at that end of town, does it? There's an Orrery in Sloane Square so it fits that Marylebone has one...and I boycott le Pain Cotidien for the same reasons. Rude motherfuckers plus those prices. Next time I'll try to make a suggestion before you actually have breakfast.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Breakfast in London sounds so yummy to me right now. Fried bread, tomato, baked beans and all that, bacon and eggs, such the move. I'm sorry, carry on.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    I know it's not London, But If ever in the Bath.(and you do not mind vegan or vegterian cusine)This place is amazing(below)

Demuths

So good!!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I know it's not London, But If ever in the Bath.(and you do not mind vegan or vegterian cusine)This place is amazing(below)

Demuths

So good!!

damn, that menu looks damn good!

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Yeah..The place is really small, But the food they serve is soooo amamzing.
    The last time I went I had this Vegan Bangers and Mash(Sausage and Mashed potatos for those) and this desert that was like molten cake, but no eggs.Damn, I want it!!

Really one of the best places I have ever ate and the people were mad cool there too!

Wish I was back in the UK..damn!

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    http://www.smithsofsmithfield.co.uk/

opens at 7am.
    real nice.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

opens at 7am.
    real nice.

This place is basically opposite my work - haven't actually been there yet though. Never worked anywhere with more cafes/restaurants per square mile than Smithfields (though walking down streets covered in offal in the morning helps reduce the temptation to check them out).

• YemskyYemsky 709 Posts

opens at 7am.
    real nice.

It's the one next to Fabric, right?
    I've been there years ago and liked it, but I am not sure whether I would take any vegiterian to any place around Smithfield