Eurovision Song Contest

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
no disrespect to Scandanavian strutters (ya'll dominate this schitt, right?) but cotDAMN this shit is kooky!Read the past winners. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest_winners A few choice winning song titles are (NO JOKE): ???La, la, la??? (1968)???Boom bang a bang??? (1969)???Ding-a-dong??? (1975)???Diggi-loo-diggi-ley??? (1984)

Comments

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Haha, i love eurovision, definitely the campest show on tv...
    This is one of my favourites ever, last years entry from Lithuania,
    highlights are at 1:12 "BETTER STEREO!" and the dancing guy at 1:34...

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    HELSINKI - More famous for tacky costumes and lightweight pop tunes, the Eurovision Song Contest is sailing into the dangerous waters of Middle East politics.[/b]

Organisers said yesterday they might ban this year's Israeli entry, Push the Button, because of its "inappropriate" political message. The song, to be performed at the contest in Helsinki in May, easily won Israel's competition this week.

It is sung in English, French and Hebrew by the group Teapacks and seemingly refers indirectly to Iran's nuclear ambitions and its hard-line leader, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

The song warns of the dangers of nuclear war, but band members denied it was about Iran, calling that "absurd".

The lyrics refer to "demonic" and "crazy rulers", and say "he's gonna blow us up to . . . kingdom come".

"It's absolutely clear this is not appropriate for the competition," said organiser Kjell Ekholm. AP

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I have had the pleasure of watching EVSC on TV in Sweden, Switzerland and The Netherlands. Not being European myself, it is a mindfuck of immense proportions and i love every badly executed minute of it.

If you have never seen it, make sure you do at least once before you define your definition of 'WTF?!?!' Jesus, it is just so fucking bad on every level imaginable.

Nothing like smoking weed and watching Eurovision.

BTW: Since when was Israel a European country? did i miss a memo?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Eurovision is one of the few great TV nights of the year. Many grat drinking games can be based on picking favourites for most points and least points.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    This was last years winner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6VzdtmrP6Y

Brian Harvey Ex East 17 who managed to run over his own head while driving a car that a choice for the UK entry this year

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    fucking gwar ripoff

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    unfuckwithable '65 steez